Accidentally wiped out all songs on my Ipod :(
Apr 18, 2005 at 4:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

NEO

500+ Head-Fier
I have 30GB 3G Ipod with 4300+ songs. 2/3 of them were there since I bought it (used) and I put about 1000 more into it via Itunes (I have PC, not Mac).

Last few days I decided to install Music Match on my pc which had just been formatted (no Itunes anymore). I didn't have Itunes and I had Music Match CD which was supplied with the Ipod so I think it should be ok. I also have used the Music Match when I had Dell DJ 20GB. It turned out that after I synchrnized my Ipod using Music Match, all songs were wiped out. Not a single one remains there.

Is there anyway to recover those songs? Which programs do I need and should I stick with Music Match or download Itunes? Anyone with the same experience - could you explain step by step how to fix this?

Thanks A Lot,
NEO

Apr 18, 2005 at 5:34 PM Post #2 of 4
Could try undelete (or unformat) software. Don't defrag or copy new stuff to your ipod as this'll overwrite the space where the delete files are, therefore losing some.
Do you have even have a backup of the music?
rolleyes.gif

oh they could still be there, just the index is knackered. Have you opened up Windows Explorer and browsed to the ipoo designated drive?

Apr 18, 2005 at 5:50 PM Post #3 of 4
what file format does the ipod use? If it uses fat or ntfs there should be lots of programs that will be able to restore your files.
as necros mentioned, you shouldn´t copy any files to the ipod or something like that!
smily_headphones1.gif

I was always successful restoring files or whole harddrives with GetDataBack - Data Recovery

good luck!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 18, 2005 at 5:52 PM Post #4 of 4
As you may know if you synchronize to a library (iTunes or MusicMatch will always take priority) the library will be 'mirrored' to the iPod. If there's nothing in your library your iPod will end up with nothing. If there's songs on your iPod, not in the library they will be deleted. Best to either use manual sync or have copies in your library.

Out of the two, I doubt many are going to prefer MusicMatch, but did you wipe your entire previous library on your computer or was it on a 'D:", external, etc. drive?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back