AC/DC Black ice......Awesome!
Oct 20, 2008 at 1:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

Beyerfan70

100+ Head-Fier
Just picked this up today and am enjoying it tremendously,old school ac/dc,with some stonking production equals one of the best albums from them for years.
Mind you it wont win them any new fans but for pure energy and outrageous riffs this is top.
With tracks like Big jack,Anything goes,War machine and Rock 'n' Roll Train (which sounds incredibly reminiscent of highway to hell) this is a real winner in my book.
Well done lads this is tremendous!

Oct 20, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #2 of 32
So I'm listening to "Rock 'N' Roll Train" and I can't help but smile because these guys can still track one hell of a tune. I can't get enough of the chorus. Listening to AC/DC always makes me smile and this is absolutely no exception.

Oct 20, 2008 at 10:29 PM Post #3 of 32
I'm enjoying it too. Great album.

I was caught by surprise- I wasn't expecting anything so good.
It certainly put a smile on my face
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 20, 2008 at 11:19 PM Post #4 of 32
This makes me happy. I was afraid I was going to pass on it like their last several CDs, but it sounds like it is something special

Oct 24, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #7 of 32
I've just started listening to AC/DC a little- obviously I've heard of them and heard tracks of their's but I mean a serious, attentive, focused listen- and I like their balls to the wall style! The generally warm reception this album is recieving means I'll try and pick it up in my next big CD purchase
cool.gif

Oct 25, 2008 at 1:02 AM Post #8 of 32
Yes this is a great album. Hear that ZZ Top in there? Rock and Roll Train was played in the begining of Criminal Minds this week.

Oct 25, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #9 of 32
I'm liking it a lot, Angus is rocking as usual, good production. Just good old fashioned ac/dc, maybe a little bit more sedately paced, but still good music. It's just great to see them turning out good music again, they have nothing to prove- they are already bona fide legends.

Oct 25, 2008 at 8:29 AM Post #11 of 32
I am going to give this album a try. Long time since I listened to AC/DC, but I liked the older albums.

Oct 25, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #13 of 32
This album seems more bluesy than edgy. As far as changing there sound. I'm not sure why a group would want to do that.

Oct 26, 2008 at 9:31 PM Post #14 of 32
It's beyond awful. A tired mess, commercial rock at its worst. Sterile, lifeless, recycled, and inane, just nothing exciting at all. Brought to you by Wal-Mart™!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lextek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As far as changing there sound. I'm not sure why a group would want to do that.

There is no god...

Oct 26, 2008 at 11:57 PM Post #15 of 32
Why is this album only sold at Walmart or at band's website
mad.gif

Do they think that cool people hang out at local walmart......... I am not making a special trip just for this CD, will wait for used copies to hit market

Users who are viewing this thread

Back