Abyss ab1266, A greatest Headphone in the world now! Compare with 009 LCD3 R10 and so on in this thread!
Dec 5, 2013 at 7:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

ATHFANe

New Head-Fier
Abyss ab1266 is a headphone made by JPS America. As the JPS cable, Abyss ab1266 give me the finest sound of the world.
ABYSS has a grand appearance, Every time glance at it, I feel strong, powerful! It is heavy, But when I put on it, I feel comfortable, It is well designed.

I listen to ABYSS headphone through below system:frowning2:in picture)
DCS SCARLATTI SYSTEM---AUDIONOTE M8----‘RIGOUR’ FULL BALANCE HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER

What first impacts me is the stable sound of ABYSS HP. Everything I can hear is so stable, no matter you tune up the volume to such high, the music will not be any vague. ABYSS let music be clearest.  Abyss will not give you any rigidness or sharpness like D7100,TH900,R10,W5000. It has the most silky and smooth sound with powerful bass! Compare to LCD3, ABYSS’s bass sounds more clear and deep, I think LCD3’s bass sounds a bit more quantity. Then ABYSS sounds just enough, not too more.

An obvious advantage of ABYSS is the stage. It can give me a soundstage push forward, like a stage stand before my head. Not in my mind. The STAX 009 sound like the stage is in my head, very close to my eye. I feel ABYSS better than 009 in soundstage, because ABYSS give me a felling like HIEND loudspeaker, but 009 only like headphone.

A great strong point of ABYSS is its amazing 3D effect. Generally speaking, When use headphone, I will fell sound composed of several lines and points. But ABYSS sound like sound spread from a clear position, then spread from the position to all directions! I never hear such real sound.
ABYSS is all round player, It let all music be real and full of emotion. Even HD800, T1, 009, lcd3 he6,can not compare with it!ABYSS is the best headphone in the world. Only HE90 is the opponent of ABYSS!   

More Appearance Of ABYSS :http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_40f078a90102edai.html
All my hiend headphones:http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_40f078a90100cw8a.html

Dec 14, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #2 of 15
The return of ATHFan! Thanks for posting your thoughts on the Abyss.

Can you please tell us what is the "‘RIGOUR’ FULL BALANCE HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER"?

Dec 15, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #3 of 15
  The return of ATHFan! Thanks for posting your thoughts on the Abyss.

Can you please tell us what is the "‘RIGOUR’ FULL BALANCE HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER"?

Glad to see your reply,my dear friend. The RIGOUR Full Balance HP AMP  is made by my friend in Shanghai China. He is good at DIY, and music. He find there is no HPamp in the market can meet his demand in sound. So he DIY the RIGOUR HP AMP, This amp can drive any HP except electrostatic hp like 007 009. It is also the only one in the world.

Dec 15, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #5 of 15
  You have quite a lot of headphones.

Could you compera the Abyss and the LCD3 with de HE-500?

The similiar piont of them is they are all sounds heavy in  mid and bass, I think its the characteristic of planer headphone. So if you like fast and light sound, dynamic headphone will better.

The difference of these three is
1 Abyss is strongest of among them. The cable of Abyss is the best JPS labs's cable.It cost 2000 dollars. no matter symphony or human voice,It will give you the best 3D feeling and the soundstage is very deep,like you are in the opera house.The sound is perfect.

2 LCD3 is a good headphone.I love its soft and warm sound. It sounds very touching and moving. But its cable is very very pool, lack of detail and transient,sounds dull in high frequncy. And if you only like listen to humsn voice , LCD3 is the best of these three , but if you also like sympony,LCD3 is not good at,beacuse its colouring.it is more colouring less real.

3 HE500 do the best in drive with potable device amang these three. It sounds balance.It sound like the strengthen HD650. The cable of it is silver cable,lack of warm and ease ,I suggest to change the calbe with HE6's single crystal copper calbe. This change will let the sound be more touching and moving.The soundstage of HE500 is smallest in this three HP, The C/P Ratio is the best in three of them.

Hope these will be helpful to you

If any questions ,welcome to go on discussing

Dec 15, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #6 of 15

The similiar piont of them is they are all sounds heavy in  mid and bass, I think its the characteristic of planer headphone. So if you like fast and light sound, dynamic headphone will better.

The difference of these three is
1 Abyss is strongest of among them. The cable of Abyss is the best JPS labs's cable.It cost 2000 dollars. no matter symphony or human voice,It will give you the best 3D feeling and the soundstage is very deep,like you are in the opera house.The sound is perfect.

2 LCD3 is a good headphone.I love its soft and warm sound. It sounds very touching and moving. But its cable is very very pool, lack of detail and transient,sounds dull in high frequncy. And if you only like listen to humsn voice , LCD3 is the best of these three , but if you also like sympony,LCD3 is not good at,beacuse its colouring.it is more colouring less real.

3 HE500 do the best in drive with potable device amang these three. It sounds balance.It sound like the strengthen HD650. The cable of it is silver cable,lack of warm and ease ,I suggest to change the calbe with HE6's single crystal copper calbe. This change will let the sound be more touching and moving.The soundstage of HE500 is smallest in this three HP, The C/P Ratio is the best in three of them.

Hope these will be helpful to you

If any questions ,welcome to go on discussing

Thank you so much! It is a really nice comparison and it was helpful for me.

Dec 16, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #8 of 15
^That blog is a trip! Most extensive headphone collection in the world, as far as I am aware.

ATHFan, the headphone amp sounds interesting. And the front end is obviously one of the best in the world, if not the best. Would love to hear it one day.

Dec 16, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #10 of 15
  ^That blog is a trip! Most extensive headphone collection in the world, as far as I am aware.

ATHFan, the headphone amp sounds interesting. And the front end is obviously one of the best in the world, if not the best. Would love to hear it one day.

Thank you and if you have a chance to have a nice travel to Shanghai(China),I promise you will hear that HP AMP.
My Email address is zzj198277@sina.com  Welcome to contact me in advance at that time.

Dec 16, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #11 of 15
Nice pics on your blog and what an amazing collection. Looks like it even beats Elephas' collection and that other guy who lived on a ship or something, if anyone remembers them. :wink:
I see you have 2 ATH-L3000s, is there any difference between them?

Dec 17, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Thank you and if you have a chance to have a nice travel to Shanghai(China),I promise you will hear that HP AMP.
My Email address is zzj198277@sina.com  Welcome to contact me in advance at that time.

Thank you.

Nice pics on your blog and what an amazing collection. Looks like it even beats Elephas' collection and that other guy who lived on a ship or something, if anyone remembers them. :wink:

Do you mean WertherDVX? :)
http://www.head-fi.org/u/33649/wertherdvx

I fear we may have heard the last of ATHFANe" for another year or two.

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:20 AM Post #13 of 15
I see you have 2 ATH-L3000s, is there any difference between them?

About L3000, One is for usually listen. Another is for collection. The sound of them is same.

Dec 18, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #14 of 15
omg! a big thumbs up for your collection of cans man. beyond awesome.

Dec 18, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #15 of 15
Originally Posted by priest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you mean WertherDVX? :)
http://www.head-fi.org/u/33649/wertherdvx

I fear we may have heard the last of ATHFANe" for another year or two.

Possibly, I just remember the guy I'm thinking of had to ship out often or something like that, but he had an amazing amount of high-end headphones.

About L3000, One is for usually listen. Another is for collection. The sound of them is same.

Wow, that's some dedication. :)
Have you ever tried to get one of the green ones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back