ABX testing consensus on the question of audibility
Jun 20, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #46 of 57
There's no need to add a valid reason to the pile of poor excuses.

Jun 20, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #47 of 57
  If one is testing to determine if any differences can be heard, then any unnecessary alterations should avoided. Simple idea, one can argue that the alterations interfered with the tests, you can be certain that those who worship hirez will use that as an argument.

You can set up whatever rules you would like for yourself, but I'm not going to waste my time reinventing the wheel.

Sep 1, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #52 of 57
A funny fact with the validity of Abx testings...

Is that published blindtests in food and vine.... Food gourmets and restaurant reviewers prefered dog food over luxury food..

And in color of odors Vine experts and someliers thought cheap white vine was an expensive bourdax.

Does that mean we should prepp and store dogfood and Sangria???

Or should we consern and be sceptical to both our brains limitations and Abx testings?

Sep 1, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #53 of 57
A funny fact with the validity of Abx testings...

Is that published blindtests in food and vine.... Food gourmets and restaurant reviewers prefered dog food over luxury food..

And in color of odors Vine experts and someliers thought cheap white vine was an expensive bourdax.

Does that mean we should prepp and store dogfood and Sangria???

Or should we consern and be sceptical to both our brains limitations and Abx testings?
abx is a test used to demonstrate that we can notice a difference between 2 similar things. your examples are not about abx at all.
but yes, given the right "packaging" and pep talk, a human can be fooled into thinking and feeling very differently.

Sep 1, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #54 of 57
Can you let me know what particular dog food tested better than people food? I'd like to try it. What specifically were they comparing it to? Paté? Was it canned? I drink cheap wine. I've found one I really like better than some of the more expensive wines. Nothing wrong with that. Chin chin!

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #56 of 57
I want to try the dog food! I ate Recipe Brand Dog Food once (the kind that Lassie eats). It wasn't bad at all. I heard that if you could only eat one kind of food for the rest of your life, the only thing that would give you all the nutrition you need is kibble dog food. Milk comes in at a distant second.

I get the dog food comparison though. Some people just don't like liver. I ate one bite of the liver ball in the Recipe can and threw it away. The rest was OK. Walter Kendall Fives dog biscuits are OK too, but not the black ones that are charcoal flavored.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2019 at 7:38 AM Post #57 of 57
I want to try the dog food! I ate Recipe Brand Dog Food once (the kind that Lassie eats). It wasn't bad at all. I heard that if you could only eat one kind of food for the rest of your life, the only thing that would give you all the nutrition you need is kibble dog food. Milk comes in at a distant second.

I get the dog food comparison though. Some people just don't like liver. I ate one bite of the liver ball in the Recipe can and threw it away. The rest was OK. Walter Kendall Fives dog biscuits are OK too, but not the black ones that are charcoal flavored.
good to know.....my impending retirement is looking good :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back