ABX Test using a MAC and IPOD
Feb 15, 2007 at 2:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

trose49

Banned
Can someone help me. I am looking for a way to add some files to my Itunes on my MAC to do an ABX.

Problem is I want to use my RIG (IPOD>CRYO>HORNET>UE-10's) to do the comparison. I have used foobar on my PC to and like the program but had to use headphone out which is a big disadvantage.

I have also seen some programs you can use for your IPOD but I believe they are PC driven.

I dont want to reformat my IPOD for PC then Back for MAC.

HELP!!!!

Feb 15, 2007 at 3:14 AM Post #2 of 11
Trying to hit headphonus supremus by tonight?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 15, 2007 at 3:20 AM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Trying to hit headphonus supremus by tonight?
very_evil_smiley.gif

I know I'm on a roll the last two days!

I dont even know what the post level is for that to be honest.

Feb 15, 2007 at 3:29 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know I'm on a roll the last two days!

I dont even know what the post level is for that to be honest.

Feb 15, 2007 at 3:52 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

I dont want to reformat my IPOD for PC then Back for MAC.

Macs can read PC formatted iPods.

So mayhaps not as big a deal if you just format it to FAT32 for your PC.

Feb 15, 2007 at 3:58 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Can someone help me. I am looking for a way to add some files to my Itunes on my MAC to do an ABX.

I use a Mac too and would be interested in such a program. I'm still at work so can't do a big hunt around but I'd guess if anyone would know it would be Hydrogenaudio.

Feb 15, 2007 at 4:32 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by megamanwich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Macs can read PC formatted iPods.

So mayhaps not as big a deal if you just format it to FAT32 for your PC.

Did not know that Thanks

Why dont they just make all Ipods Fat32 then?

Feb 15, 2007 at 5:47 AM Post #8 of 11
From what I understand file systems nowadays are faster, more reliable, handle bigger names/filesizes, more metadata and so on. I guess, since Apple has their HFS+, they want to keep things consistent with their hard-drive mp3 players as well.

Nobody really uses FAT32 anymore 'cept to easily share drives with Windows (which is now on NTFS) and possibly for Flash drive usage.

Feb 15, 2007 at 5:52 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by megamanwich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From what I understand file systems nowadays are faster, more reliable, handle bigger names/filesizes, more metadata and so on. I guess, since Apple has their HFS+, they want to keep things consistent with their hard-drive mp3 players as well.

Nobody really uses FAT32 anymore 'cept to easily share drives with Windows (which is now on NTFS) and possibly for Flash drive usage.

Sorry that what I meant I just want to keep my IPOD formatted the way it is an find a way to ABX with my IPOD!

Anyone!

Feb 15, 2007 at 6:53 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Did not know that Thanks

Why dont they just make all Ipods Fat32 then?

All of the current iPod's are FAT32 formatted when they arrive at your place, but it will be converted to HFS+ if a Mac is the first computer you plug it into. Previously they were HFS+ formatted from the factory, but for some unknown reason Apple changed this.

As to why they don't keep it FAT32 for Mac OS X as well: Simply because HFS+ is better (faster, more reliable, handle bigger files...) file system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back