absolutely awesome diana krall songs
Oct 30, 2007 at 2:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

jcn3

1000+ Head-Fier
as so many people have noted, diana krall's live in paris is a phenomenal album.

i am particularly blown away by track 11, "a case of you." if you haven't heard this song -- you must. close your eyes and be transported . . .

what other diana songs "do it" for you?

Oct 30, 2007 at 4:00 PM Post #3 of 8
OH YES... Diana!! Absolutely the first thing I loaded last night on my new Sony A818 were 11 (or was it 12? <g>) Diana Krall albums!

Have you heard the brand new one? Very Best of Diana??? It's a treasure.

Two of my favorite Diana songs... Deed I Do... and Devil May Care. These are on more than one album... interesting to compare the tracks.

Oct 30, 2007 at 4:48 PM Post #4 of 8
I love her rendition of Danny Boy!

Oct 30, 2007 at 5:10 PM Post #5 of 8
Joni's rendidtion of "Black Bird". That whole cd (Girl In The Other Room) is great when she finally chartered some top-notch jazz musicians to play for her.

Oct 30, 2007 at 5:33 PM Post #6 of 8
Just doesn't do it for me. I'm sorry. To me,Diana Krall sounds like a very late at night piano bar stylist. I would have loved her back in my drinking and smoking bachelor adventures, on nights when I struck out. She interprets rather than sings the songs as written by the composer.

Oct 30, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #7 of 8
I love Diana with a nice scotch (with a few drops of water) and a nice cigar. Wow... ultra-relaxing. I love the texture in her voice... and I think A Case of You is a prime example. My wife hates her singing, but tolerates her for my sake.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 30, 2007 at 7:58 PM Post #8 of 8
Boulevard of Broken Dreams, from the album All for You.

Hauntingly beautiful rendition of the remarkable Dubin and Warren standard from the 1930s.

If you have not heard this song (or album - an awesome tribute to Nat King Cole), you absolutely must.

It's also the last cut on the album From This Moment On, but the rendition on All For You is much better IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back