Absolute Best Electronic Music Headphones
Dec 18, 2011 at 12:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

subzer0

100+ Head-Fier
What are some of the very best headphones for electronic (house, dubstep, trance, etc) music?  I am curious as to what the consensus is on this subject.

Personally, as a D7000 owner, I feel these headphones are quite strong.  In particular, the bass is outstanding.  It is capable of projecting deep sound effects, singing lush melodies, or simply rocking your skull if you so desire.  Perhaps it is the pairing with the Marantz, but the bass is really, really, really strong with these two.  It really dominates the texture.

Unfortunately, as far as experience goes, I have only really listened to the D7000's.

Dec 18, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #4 of 8

Best I have heard is the new Ultrasone Signature Pro ~ have not heard the D7000's so perhaps
 that puts me at a disadvantage.

Still ~ the Signature Pro sounds like a refined Pro 900 ~ it's for deluxe bassheads who
 desire some separation and pretty decent sound stage for a closed can. Passive isolation
 is potentially the best I've tested too.

Comes with both 6.5mm and 3.5mm cables, sounds reasonable even from a basic
 Apple iShuffle, would be perfect with a quality portable amplifier.

Dec 18, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
I'm mainly curious as to experiences others have had.

Heya,

For me, it's hands down the Denon D5000. Bassy, warm, excellent sub-bass, good impact, sparkly treble but still smooth, with a great sound stage. I love electronica through it. I've gone through a lot of headphones just sampling, collecting and figuring out what I like. XB500, HTF600, DT770PRO, PRO900, D2000, etc. Ultimately liked the D5000 over all of them for pure electronica (and other genres). The only headphone I like better is the HE-500 which is also superb for electronica, but sometimes I want isolation and a little more sub-bass impact so I reach for the D5000.

Very best,

Dec 18, 2011 at 4:50 PM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
Heya,

For me, it's hands down the Denon D5000. Bassy, warm, excellent sub-bass, good impact, sparkly treble but still smooth, with a great sound stage. I love electronica through it. I've gone through a lot of headphones just sampling, collecting and figuring out what I like. XB500, HTF600, DT770PRO, PRO900, D2000, etc. Ultimately liked the D5000 over all of them for pure electronica (and other genres). The only headphone I like better is the HE-500 which is also superb for electronica, but sometimes I want isolation and a little more sub-bass impact so I reach for the D5000.

Very best,

Have you tried the D7000 or the He-6?  I'm glad to hear the He-500 is good, I've been considering it.  

Dec 18, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #7 of 8

Quote:

Have you tried the D7000 or the He-6?  I'm glad to hear the He-500 is good, I've been considering it.  

I've tried the D7000. I passed on the HE-6 for it's revision, the HE-500 and I like how much more efficient it is (still being relatively inefficient). The D7000 is superb, I simply liked the price point of the D5000 and it's warmer/bassier signature of the three.

Very best,

Dec 18, 2011 at 7:26 PM Post #8 of 8
I loved the DT-880 for electronic music. Of course some may want more bass than the DT-880 offers.
Ambient music is especially amazing with the DT-880. For that genre I prefer something with a ton of detail and a super clear sound.
Sadly, some ambient music sounds like low quality garbage despite being on CD or lossless

Users who are viewing this thread

Back