About to purchase most of the parts I need for a PPA
Mar 25, 2005 at 5:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Clutz

Tells us when we're offset.
I'm about to order most of the parts from Digikey I need to put together a PPA. I haven't ordered the buffers or op-amps yet- gonna wait on that. Actually, I ordered enough parts to put two PPAs together..
smily_headphones1.gif
Gonna build one- make sure it goes well and one it does put the second together and then hopefully be able to find a buyer for it.
smily_headphones1.gif
If I can't find a buyer, my younger (and only) brother - said he would buy it from me for my costs + 15% and then try to sell it himself.. NICE! (He has a full time job, compared to my being a full time grad. student - what a nice kid, helping out his big brother..
smily_headphones1.gif
).

I've also ordered myself a whole wack of TLE2426s (well - 10.. to me, that seems like a whole wack).

THe only thing that's stopped me so far is thinking about my wallet..
smily_headphones1.gif
I know the line - Welcome to Head-FI and sorry about your wallet.. lol. I'm kind of excited.. I'm going to hold off a bit more- do some more thinking - make sure this is something I really want to do. I wish I had've ordered Wed. before noon cause then I would've had the parts now, and I could've used the parts to put together another Cmoy's for my brother (sans op-amps... Still gotta get those).

Ahh.. I feel stupidly excited about this.
smily_headphones1.gif
biggrin.gif
If I do this, I've got to put off getting a better soundcard for my Mac for a bit.. but. .
smily_headphones1.gif
That's life!

Cheers,
Clutz

Mar 25, 2005 at 1:43 PM Post #2 of 3
I would recommend buying the opamps and at least 3 buffers (the Intersils are cheap) so that you can test it when your done. There's nothing worse than having a project 99% done just to have to wait for a few parts.

Mar 26, 2005 at 5:56 AM Post #3 of 3
I can give you a BIG "AMEN!!!" Juergen! I have my PPA 99% done, just waiting on Tangent to get me three AD3610s. I THOUGHT I was set on parts. Until I realized that the PPA doesn't have the SMD pads on the back of the board like my previous PIMETA did...
smily_headphones1.gif
Oh well. Another excuse to send more money Tangent's way! And pick up a STEPS board while I'm at it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back