about to pull the trigger on X10's! Read (:
Nov 25, 2008 at 2:50 AM Post #16 of 23
Well add me to the list of purchasers. Here's hoping they come in soon
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 25, 2008 at 3:41 AM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by thatwunguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you are about to buy the x10 using the "half off" coupon code for $175 at klipsch.com, I don't know why you'd hesitate.

Hi, I could not find this in Klipsch website, they only give the list of dealer... Could you please give me the link to this "half off" or the steps to go into that?

Thanks a lot
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 25, 2008 at 3:51 AM Post #18 of 23
It's only for people that are in the US when ordering.

the code is "Half off" exactly as it appears in between the quotations. Use it during check-out.

Nov 25, 2008 at 5:32 AM Post #20 of 23
I have both the UM2's and the X10. I am not sure one is better than the other. I like both. I ran a side by side comparison with both using different tracks, mostly classical (Bach, Vivaldi, Brahms) and some rock (Weezer, Beach Boys). The UM2's require less volume but when you adjust it, they sound very close to the same. By the way, I used both Complys and triflanges (both use the same size, as well as the Shure olive foams). I was surprised at how well the X10's held their own against the UM2's. They sound a little more airy then the UM2's (a little more soundstage?) and maybe the mids are a little more prominent. After side by side comparison going back and forth over short passages of each piece I had a hard time deciding which one I liked best. The X10's are also very comfortable and the supplied silicon tips are nice. Well, I am glad I can use both. I do still prefer the UM2's though...

Nov 25, 2008 at 3:28 PM Post #21 of 23
gilency,

Are the Images more comfortable with their supplied tips than the UM2s with either Complys or triflanges?

Thanks,

Nov 25, 2008 at 6:40 PM Post #22 of 23
Got my image10 today. Wanted to just say a few things off the bat. I commented in another thread that the triple.fi was the only earphone that ever made me say WOW right from minute one. I love my triples. Well the images are the second set that wowed me from the first listen. I knew from all the posts how small they are but man they are SMALL. Everyone has commented on the comfort factor and they were not kidding..can't even tell they are in there. I tryed the large single flange then the large double..both are very good seal and comfortable for me, not sure which is best yet. The bass is as good as reported..I think the triple.fi bass is beautiful and this is very similar to me. Maybe my ears are weird cuz I never heard the booming bass in the se530 but always thought the triples were amazing in that dept. I hear the highs coming through very well and the mids are extra sweet. I need alot more time to determine just how great they are but the comfort will allow me alot of listening time.
Also I had the custom3 about a year ago and they didn't impress me nearly as the image 10 does. I sent the custom3 back preferring the shure se310 I had at the time. Will comment more later.
Also.... I have some comply tips that I might try later, but for now the gels are working great.

Nov 25, 2008 at 8:11 PM Post #23 of 23
Awesome. I gave up on comply tips, I'm not paying that much for tips!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back