About to pull the plug on HFI 580
Feb 1, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #61 of 62
All I have experience with personally is the Fiio e7, and as previously mentioned, many comparisons have been made before between the two acting as a pure amp, with usually the e11 coming out on top by being a "better" amp (able to drive headphones easier/better).

The shining point, as also previously mentioned, is the the e7 has a nice DAC inside of it. That would give you a great clean sound, with punchy yet taught bass response.

If you are planning on using the amp feature, not only would the ipod drive your headphones just fine, but with the e11 I suppose you would be getting a "better" pure amp. Then again, I am just generalizing a synopsis based on what I've read here, I'm no expert.

Else, if you want some clean fresh sound from your computer, and don't plan on using something tacked on to your ipod, just get yourself an Fiio e10. Its been toted to have almost the exact same sound sig as the e17, but without the portability, and a weeeeee bit sloppier bass response. I have the e10, and the other day I used it with a friends 580s, and I always use it with my Pro900s w/wo a digizoid zo2, and the sound is definitely improved across the board on basically any genre.

My previous recommendation for the zo2 was not for it to be an amp, per-se, but to just add a bit more musicality to the genres you listed. As far as amping goes, any of the previously mentioned Fiios are proper amps, and will each do well with your headphones.

Happy hunting!

Jul 12, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #62 of 62
Quote:
Pull the plug? That's something you say when you are taking a loved one of life support and letting them die......like if you couldn't fix them and they were out of warranty "pull the plug"..

I think you mean pull the trigger? Which is funny cause that could also be taken negatively
tongue.gif
Go for it!

Everyone complains about comfort, but i've found them to be fine and i have a huge head....with time they should clamp less i figure.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this!  I know this is old, but I've been looking at buying the 580s for a while, and I finally "pulled the trigger" myself lol.  But yeah when I originally saw this thread I thought it was a negative reaction to them, and then I realized what he meant and kind of chuckled to myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back