About to order T-amp parts, what am I missing?
Nov 7, 2005 at 8:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

jwb009

New Head-Fier
About to order stuff from Parts-Express, and I'm wondering what else I can get from here. I'd like to get most, if not all the parts here, because I don't like messing with shipping from different places.

-2 x Dayton 2.2uF polypropylene caps
-all the connectors, bananas, rcas, etc...
-new white LED
-i'll get a decent pot somewhere

Do I need to change the caps across the speaker terminals? And also, do they have a good enough cap to replace the power cap between the inductors? Thanks.

Nov 8, 2005 at 12:44 AM Post #5 of 9
I believe you can buy a decently cheap PSU for it at PE as well.

As for a pot... I'm in the same boat (I'm ordering case parts for a Charlize or 41 Hz Amp 6... If you dig class-D they are two of the most common upgrade paths) . Unless I come up with a better source I may order another one of Tangent's Alps RK097s.... Hate to bother him with a dinky order but its better than having to order everything from DigiKey. If you're feeling spendy, he also has the Blue Velvet in stock.

While you're there, you might want to consider using his Wima's instead of the Daytons... Or maybe using a TREADs to clean up your power a bit.

Anyway, just in case you don't (through some bizarre coincidence) have the link:
http://tangentsoft.net/audio/shop/

Nov 8, 2005 at 4:35 AM Post #6 of 9
yea, i've been thinking about getting either a blue velvet, or one of the black body nobles on eBay. I've also been using an SLA for power, but i'd like to get a decent SMPS or Linear because I'm kinda tired of recharging all the time.

And I'd also like to try a charlize or the new amp5, but i think I'm going to wait for av123's X-Empower, it sounds really promising.

Nov 8, 2005 at 9:32 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by jwb009
yea, i've been thinking about getting either a blue velvet, or one of the black body nobles on eBay. I've also been using an SLA for power, but i'd like to get a decent SMPS or Linear because I'm kinda tired of recharging all the time.

why don't you get an automatic charger for the SLA so that you can leave it plugged in all the time. i think velleman makes one, but i'm not really sure. maybe someone else can direct you to the right one. also, do you have bypass caps near the board when you are using the SLA? these should make a difference in the sound.

Nov 8, 2005 at 5:55 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by americandreaming
why don't you get an automatic charger for the SLA so that you can leave it plugged in all the time. i think velleman makes one, but i'm not really sure. maybe someone else can direct you to the right one. also, do you have bypass caps near the board when you are using the SLA? these should make a difference in the sound.

i'll look into the automatic charger. And no I don't have any bypass caps, could you tell me what kind, size, etc.. and where exactly to put them?

Nov 14, 2005 at 5:30 AM Post #9 of 9
Bumpin this up to see if anyone knows where to put these bypass caps. I have a bunch of old caps lying around...2200uf, 3300uf, 10000uf from an old sony reciever, where exactly should I put these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back