About to make my purchase on ATH-A500 or AD500
May 20, 2006 at 1:10 AM Post #16 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen_Ri
rox1co, you have accumulated 32 posts in the last few days, nearly all of which center around the A500s or AD500s. I think that anyone "in the know" about these 'phones has already answered you. I have the A500s. I find them to be excellent 'phones and easy to drive. My soundcard would do it, as would my efficient MD player, which only uses one battery. I have a pa2v2; I believe that adds some improvement. There is a whole topic about that already that's been active in the past week. Just buy the A500s at audiocubes and stop worrying, since nobody is going to bite on your rather unrealistic WTB topic in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum anyway. I really do think you'll be glad you did.

out of topic, that's nothing comared to azure man. He spend like 2 years deciding on A500. lol

May 20, 2006 at 1:16 AM Post #17 of 30
Yes, when I was researching my purchase of the A500s (see:search function), I also ran into azure's rather compulsive posts. His constant questioning and answering of his own questions did indeed aid my decision process. Thanks azure
icon10.gif

May 20, 2006 at 3:54 AM Post #18 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok
out of topic, that's nothing comared to azure man. He spend like 2 years deciding on A500. lol

eek.gif
That's kinda shocking to know. I mean it's not like a car or a house, it's a pair of $100 headphones.
tongue.gif

It took me 3 days of reading reviews to get the A500s. And they did NOT disappoint!

May 20, 2006 at 4:09 AM Post #19 of 30
Am I the only one extremely dissapointed with a pair of Ax00 cans? I don't enjoy my A700s all that much, and perfer my porta pros over them. I'm starting to think I like brighter and airier cans, but the A700 is neither of those. I really need a pair of MS-1s.

May 20, 2006 at 4:27 AM Post #20 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by muckluck
Am I the only one extremely dissapointed with a pair of Ax00 cans? I don't enjoy my A700s all that much, and perfer my porta pros over them. I'm starting to think I like brighter and airier cans, but the A700 is neither of those. I really need a pair of MS-1s.

As you might have read from the posts on head-fi, many users of A500s or A700s found that these phonese have laid-back mids, which might not be very pleasing for some. My A500s' mids improved a LOT after being amped through a PA2V2.

May 23, 2006 at 4:22 AM Post #21 of 30
Quote:

Your order is currently being processed by our warehouse. The estimated wait time until shipment is 2-3 days. Once shipped the order should take about 5-10 days to deliver, depending on how long your country’s custom holds and inspects your order. If at any time you want to change or cancel your order, please use our online form to contact us. Thank you for shopping with Audio Cubes.

dang that's a long time! this normal? nvm i found my answers on Help and FAQ

still a good amount of wait
frown.gif

May 23, 2006 at 4:28 AM Post #22 of 30
hopefully it'll reach you soon and itll be worth the wait...

hopefully you will also be able to post your impressions, once you get them that is.

May 31, 2006 at 12:04 AM Post #26 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by rox1co
gay!!! it came today but i didn't hear the doorbell ring, speakers were too loud
frown.gif

That's why whenever I'm expecting something I camp out by the door atleast 1 hour before the guy's usual time to come around incase he's early.. that way gay stuff doesn't happen like happened to you.
biggrin.gif

May 31, 2006 at 12:07 AM Post #27 of 30
well i was checking the tracking and it's not exactly up to date
tongue.gif
so i wasn't expecting it till tomorrow. but usually they come like 5ish 6 so i was surprised
580smile.gif

anyways i wanna pick them up in the morning, would it be bad to leave them in the car if the weather gets real hot tomorrow?

May 31, 2006 at 6:47 PM Post #28 of 30
oh baby! i went to the post office to pick them up
smily_headphones1.gif
no sense in waiting the afternoon. i'm currently wearing these babies and oh man they are really comfortable. i used to own a pair of altec lansing but damn they were hard as a rock (not really but close), from seeing the pictures i thought they would feel the same but holy **** they're totally opposite. i really have to give these a 10+ in comfort and weight! i was pretty damn surprised when i put them on, these babies are lightttt. anyways, i've only managed to play them on a portable dvd player since my onboard sound won't work and if it did it would sound bad
frown.gif
i get my x-fi xm tomorrow so i'll lyk how that goes!

580smile.gif
580smile.gif
580smile.gif

Jun 1, 2006 at 7:24 AM Post #30 of 30
congrads... there a great HP for gaming and not too shabby at music either, nice bass too
basshead.gif
Now leave this site and never come back or your wallet will hate you
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back