About to make a jump---Sound signature
May 19, 2007 at 12:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

AceOfWands

100+ Head-Fier
Hi! I'm new here , found this place while looking for info!
Anyway , Im about to buy a pair of UE-5C , i've owned a pair of senheiser PX100 for about two years and I have some questions.

Is the sound signature similar?(tight boomy punch)
Am I really going to notice a big difference in sound?
If not ,what are the differences?

Thanks a lot

May 19, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #4 of 8
Looks like it may take a few minutes till somebody shows up who knows.
tongue.gif

May 19, 2007 at 4:58 AM Post #6 of 8
Relax, give it a day or two for some responses. Not that many people own the UE-5c around here. There should be a big difference in sound especially since you are looking at customs.

Jun 9, 2007 at 2:53 AM Post #8 of 8
Pretty old post but if your still interested in a personal opinion - I own the UE-5c and I love them. I'm not looking for a new set of IEM's anytime soon. I was on the list for the triple-fis (long story) but ended up with the UE-5c and have never looked back.

I upgraded from the Super.fi 5pro so I knew that I was getting a custom version of this driver signature - which I happen to enjoy very much. I have also tried the Shure e3c, E500, and Super.fi's....the UE-5c is the best one out of these for my listening taste.

Once caveat though - IEM's are extremely efficient so if your going to get into tube amps and IEM won't serve you that well at least with my first tube amp, Little Dot MicroTube. I'll definitely be trying my UE-5c on the Woo6 that's hopefully arriving next week.

On my iPod 5G with HeadRoom MicroAmp...and my UE-5c...pure audio bliss!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back