About to Buy me Some New Headphones Suggestions?
Mar 29, 2012 at 3:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

dsclaw88

Head-Fier
So I previously owned the Denon AHD 200, while I love the sound I sold them because they leaked a little too much volume for my routine library use. So I decided to sell them and Purchase the new Klipsch Mode M40's, which are fantastic, great sound isolation, good natural sound, and pretty good noise canceling. I actually liked the natural sound of the Klipsch headphones a little better then my Denon headphones. There is only one issue as of recently they just seem to hurt my ears after about a hour of use. As a result, I am going to be selling them and planning on purchasing a new headset with there funds+ a little extra money. 

Here is what I listen to:
65% of the time i listen to Alternative Rock, Classic Rock, Blues,
35 % Rap, House and Dance 

Cost I am looking to spend under:
275 + Klipsch Headphone Sale (~275) = ~550 bucks I have to spend on headphones.

Other Requirements:
Must be comfortable for extended period of time
Must be somewhat convenient to travel with, as in they must fit in my backpack
Must isolate sound sufficiently that it wont bother neighbors 

Thoughts?

I have only listened to the Denon, Beats(friends headphones I borrowed for a month), and Klipsch.

Thanks for the Help Guys 

Mar 29, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #2 of 10
I think it might be sibilance that might be causing the fatigue, I have the same problem with my SRH 440 and my DT990 pros. If you only need the headphones for home listening then with 550 you could get the sennheiser HD600 and a FiiOe9 or maybe an asus Xonar STX since you havent mentioned what source you'll be using so Im taking into account that you dont have a proper dac/soundcard. If you spend it all on the headphone its kind of a waste since you wont be utilizing the headphones properly. You could also look at the Denon AH-D2000 which is good and is not amp dependent as the senn HD6 series with the remaining cash get a sound card for your pc or get a DAC.
Sorry if my post made it even more confusing for you :p.

Very best.

Mar 29, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #3 of 10
I have a fiio e11 sorry should have posted that, havent used it cause they didnt sound much different with the Klipsch and just another thing to carry. Did help with my old Denons. I was thinking of potentially looking at the Audio Technicas

Mar 29, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #4 of 10
I suggest the beyer DT1350.  They sound awesome, are built really well especially for travel, and isolate quite well for an on-ear.  The mids are a tad laid back, but they is what gives them such a smooth and even presentation.

dt1350
$300

http://www.headphone.com/headphones/beyerdynamic-dt-1350.php

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/awesome-beyerdynamic-dt-1350

The bass is very well extended so not problems there.

Mar 29, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #6 of 10
ATH M-50, They sound like 600 dollar headphones. I've over 19 years of experience. Had these for about a week and love them. I bought these to use when traveling. Amazing sound

Mar 29, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #8 of 10

Quote:
ATH M-50, They sound like 600 dollar headphones. I've over 19 years of experience. Had these for about a week and love them. I bought these to use when traveling. Amazing sound

Man they sound good, we agree. But i doubt they can outperform a $600 phone. 

Mar 29, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #10 of 10

Quote:

Can't agree with that.  Since they raised their price, they are not even the best in their own price range.

Suggest you take a listen to the Denon D2000, D5000 & D7000, AKG Q701, Beyer DT 880 Pro, Senn HD 598, Ultrasone HIFI 780 & Pro 750, and Shure SRH 840 & 940 (just to name a few) and get back to us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back