About time i post... HD280 questions
Aug 19, 2004 at 3:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

zloki

New Head-Fier
hi2u, I have a set of hd280s arriving in a few hours. I chose these for the isolation factor, and id prob break any canal phones D:

These are essentially my first decent headphones and i just had a few questions. Firstly about the bluetak mod i found on here, does anyone have pictures of this, instead of just written instructions
biggrin.gif

And a question about burning in headphones, does this have to be done straight away? or can i do it say in a weeks time? I want to start using the headphones right away, not leaving them sitting around for a day or two
biggrin.gif

Oh yeah im not sure if im consider myself an audiophile though, cause i really cant tell the diff in soundquality (mainly cause im deaf to certain frequencies)

Aug 19, 2004 at 4:03 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by zloki
hi2u, I have a set of hd250s arriving in a few hours. I chose these for the isolation factor, and id prob break any canal phones D:

These are essentially my first decent headphones and i just had a few questions. Firstly about the bluetak mod i found on here, does anyone have pictures of this, instead of just written instructions
biggrin.gif

And a question about burning in headphones, does this have to be done straight away? or can i do it say in a weeks time? I want to start using the headphones right away, not leaving them sitting around for a day or two
biggrin.gif

Oh yeah im not sure if im consider myself an audiophile though, cause i really cant tell the diff in soundquality (mainly cause im deaf to certain frequencies)

Just use your headphones normally, they'll burn-in (or not - for the disbelievers) whether you do anything special or not. What's a 250? I've only heard of 280s and 25s.

Aug 19, 2004 at 4:23 AM Post #4 of 8
You don't have to burn them in straight away. Just be aware that until they've had a fair bit of use they'll be very weak in the bass and a bit more annoying in the treble. They get better after even a couple of hours at reasonably high volume.They should be pretty clear to start with though.

I'd suggest just burning them in overnight every day for a while. Make the volume maybe half way between your usual listening volume and the volume that they distort at. Remember this is a black art not a science, so don't worry too much about it either way
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 19, 2004 at 5:00 AM Post #5 of 8
I noticed a large difference with burn-in with my HD280. I did mine for over two days but playing at a level which won't damage its drivers. That would mean anywhere from normal volume to slightly higher than normal. I did mine with a bass boost but I don't know if this is necessary. It worked for me, though.

Hope you'll like your phones!

Aug 19, 2004 at 5:21 AM Post #6 of 8
I have yet to burn mine it, for I've only had them for a couple hours. But in my listening, the first thing i noticed was the slightly weak bass. It has gotten better in the few hours though. And now I finally understand why people call sens so uncomfortable. My 580s feel amazing, but these are leaving me a bit sore, ill strech through use though. And I realize why they are claimed to be so ugly
280smile.gif
they come so far off the head, its way goofy, but quality as well.

Aug 19, 2004 at 5:22 AM Post #7 of 8
woo just got em
biggrin.gif

now to finish work so i can go home and test them, just attached them quickly to my pc, i noticed how much ive missed any form of isolation :p

I dont know how you lot can enjoy open headphones, but then again you prob dont live/work in the same noisy environment as i do.

my last headphones were some battered hp890s my mate gave me before he joined the navy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back