About the Koss warranty...
Jul 13, 2006 at 3:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

MacGyver

Head-Fier
I was walking around the house listening to my KSC75's, and to my misfortune the cable wrapped around a doorknob and pulled right out of the headphone as I kept walking. One of the clip-ons functions fine, but the other has been completely severed.

The question is, will my warranty be void since I kramer modded them? If it isn't, can I send these in and get them replaced? Finally, how would I go about sending the cans back to Koss for replacement? (would I need a package, shipping, etc)

Thanks in advance.

Jul 13, 2006 at 3:57 AM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325
i don't think the kramer mod will void the warranty. two days before i broke my first pair of ksc75, i spray painted the black grilll a dark green color.

you will need to ship them (at your expense) back to koss in their original packaging along with 6 dollars and note.

take a look at the koss website for futher information.
http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf/cs-warrepair

It doesn't need to be in the original packaging. At least, it didn't two years ago.

Jul 13, 2006 at 4:03 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by muckluck
It doesn't need to be in the original packaging. At least, it didn't two years ago.

Actually, make it a point not to send them the original packaging. I sent my defective-from-the-beginning A130's in it's original packaging, and it came back without it. They didn't even return the 1/4" to 1/8" adaptor!

Jul 13, 2006 at 4:38 AM Post #7 of 10
I think the $6 has to be a check or MO, but not 100% sure. The note should include the return shipping address and what's wrong with the item.

Jul 13, 2006 at 6:02 AM Post #10 of 10
god? what god?

In fact, I read in my UE packet that in their warranty they specifically state that it doesn't cover 'acts of God.' I was all
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back