About the CMOY Pocket Amp.
Jan 23, 2005 at 10:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

suckerr70

New Head-Fier
Hey, I've just started to be intrested in electronics and this is my first REAL project. Could someone post a GOOD picture of what the bottem should look like? And do you solder the jumpers in? It never says to but just to make sure. (or maybe it did. I couldn't find where) Thanks for you help!

Jan 23, 2005 at 11:15 PM Post #2 of 5
the bottom of my board is a little different than tangent's plans. i accidentally ripped off some of the copper on the bottom of the board while trying to remove 2 things..

i'll just say that yes, you have to solder the jumpers in
smily_headphones1.gif
and leave the pics to somebody else.

Jan 24, 2005 at 12:44 AM Post #3 of 5
I assume you're using the 0150 board.

If this doesn't answer your question, I'll get out the camera and take some pictures...

There is no work to be done on the bottom except for soldering. I assume you want the picture to see what kind of brdiges or jumpers need to go on the bottom, but none do. All resistors and capacitors and the IC socket simply get their leg ends soldered on the other side. The ONLY thing that is not simply soldered into the holes indicated in the diagram at Tangent's website are the two hookup wires going from the power section to pins 4 and 8 of the IC socket, also as indicated in the diagram at Tangent's site. Of course, there could also go on top but that's not recommended.

Jan 24, 2005 at 12:47 AM Post #4 of 5
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=98593

There are some pictures of mine in there but the soldering is not the greatest job in the world. There are a few pics and if you scroll down more there is a scanned in pic of the bottom. Also, in one of the bottom side pics it looks like I have a solder bridge so obviously don't do that on yours too. All of my actual soldering there is correct, my two problems were that I wasn't using the R5 resistors (for my low impedance Grados) and that I had a bad op amp.

Jan 24, 2005 at 2:26 AM Post #5 of 5
Thanks everyone, The only reason i thought a picture would help is because I dont know how people are soldering things and how everything connects somehow. I also dont get where the wires go exacly but i bet i can figure that out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back