About that PX100 sound change..
Oct 20, 2005 at 8:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Fatality_

100+ Head-Fier
mail3ct.jpg

Riiight. He misread somewhere that i were talking about more bass but yeah. The change seems to be true
rolleyes.gif

If we send a few thousand unhappy mails at Sennheiser maybe theyll change it back?
icon10.gif

Oct 21, 2005 at 9:55 AM Post #5 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa
Could you send an email to AKG too? About the 26P?

Maybe someone who owns a pair should do that
tongue.gif

[edit] about those unhappy mails..
wink.gif

Oct 21, 2005 at 10:38 AM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by guvnor
I'm surprised they answered at all - with a honest answer nonetheless.

I was more expecting, "NEIN!!!"

He first answered "NEIN!!!" but the second time was more successful
tongue.gif

Oct 21, 2005 at 3:03 PM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatality_
Maybe someone who owns a pair should do that
tongue.gif

I don't own any... but you're so good at it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

about those unhappy mails..
wink.gif

Well you see, I have a good pair that isn't being made anymore so I'd be asking them to make my "desired after" pair into an old used pair again
very_evil_smiley.gif

Seriously, maybe a German member can write a letter we can all use in our emails and start a petetion.
smily_headphones1.gif

I just have one little problem and that is that I don't know what I'm asking since I don't know what the new ones sound like. For me I could be asking to turn headphones I might like back into headphones I myself find too dark and boomy....

Oct 21, 2005 at 3:27 PM Post #9 of 21
mail26nz.jpg

One year.. it shouldnt be anything new then
eek.gif

Has anyone gotten any DARK, smooth ones this year?
tongue.gif

Oct 22, 2005 at 8:45 AM Post #10 of 21
Yep, they've changed the PX100's sound - and not for the better. They now have much more in common with the Sonys at the $30 to $50 price point: Little to no low-end extension, a peak in the mid-treble. And that's not to mention that aluminum is less efficient than copper.

Oct 22, 2005 at 9:28 AM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle_Driver
Yep, they've changed the PX100's sound - and not for the better. They now have much more in common with the Sonys at the $30 to $50 price point: Little to no low-end extension, a peak in the mid-treble. And that's not to mention that aluminum is less efficient than copper.

HD 600 is aluminium also. it is efficient.

Oct 22, 2005 at 3:17 PM Post #12 of 21
I'd think that by "Al coils" CCAW voice coild were meant. In the past, only lower-end headphones were still equipped with pure copper voice coils, while the better ones used CCAW (copper clad Al wire) voice coils which due to their lower weight enabled better highs extension. (For example: HD525 - Al, HD535 and up - CCAW.) So this should - in theory - be an *upgrade*. Of course it could also be that the changed drivers shifted the whole tonal balance enough to screw up the EQ originally developed for the old ones, or at least that the flaws that had always been present are more audible now.

Oct 23, 2005 at 1:11 PM Post #13 of 21
Hi, I'm new.

I'm about to buy a pair of PX-100 and I may have a choice between the 2004 and 2005 retail packages. Based on the info in this thread and the experiences of PX-100 owners, should I choose the 2004 package?

Thanks.

Oct 23, 2005 at 1:29 PM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Diggitty
Hi, I'm new.

I'm about to buy a pair of PX-100 and I may have a choice between the 2004 and 2005 retail packages. Based on the info in this thread and the experiences of PX-100 owners, should I choose the 2004 package?

Thanks.

I think so..

where are you getting them from?

Oct 25, 2005 at 1:16 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatality_
I think so..

where are you getting them from?

Hi,

I'm getting them from an Australian seller. All the date stamps were pretty close (Dec '04, Jan and March '05) and they are all likely post-change anyhow, but I did opt for the '04s.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back