About Sennheiser build quality
Sep 6, 2012 at 4:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Sxperm

New Head-Fier
I bought HD558 from local hi-fi shop about a year and five months ago.  I have taken good care with them since I love their sound quality and heard about their poor build quality before but never expected to see it myself.  It was started when the Sennheiser logo in both left and right side wiped out so easily after only a few months.  I didn't care that much.  However today I found more disappointing in the position that logo wiped - the crack.  At first I thought about some hair might stick on it by a chance.  But when I looked closer I found that it was a crack.  How could this happens?  I never let them fall from the desk and my head aren't that big to make this crack (or the upper should be cracked instead).  It seems the crack could continue until the both side fully cracked.

Has anyone here facing this similar issue?  How the build quality is that cheap?  It's true that Sennheiser offer two years warranty but still annoying to me since I have taken good care of them from the beginning.  I expected about 3-5 years for this can and not this too early.  

P.S. Can anyone recommend me a good can for PC gaming and movie to use with Asus Essence STX and Maverick A1 instead of Sennheiser?  The budget range is around $300 - $600.  My preference is best possible positioning for FPS and sometime RPG.

Thank you very much in advance.

Sep 6, 2012 at 6:24 AM Post #3 of 3
try to get it replaced by sennheiser, they replace cracked hd558's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back