? about my new HD555
Jan 24, 2006 at 10:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Cpluse

New Head-Fier
Hello Everyone,
orphsmile.gif

Well I just received in my Sennheiser HD555, and wow these are my first real cans. I didn't except them to be so big, well they look big on my head,lol. But they feel so good on my head. I don't have a review on them, because I'v been reading so many review and my ? is, i like jazz and R&B music, and classical music. I wanted to know what are some song or sound to really test these cans and so i can truly hear what I'v been missing all this time. I read on one review that theer a lounge but lost the post that play music to test the cans. But in the mean time I played Bonny James, and there are sound I never heard before. Plus I have read that people burn in there cans, how long does that usually take. And I will be listening thru my G4 sound card thru most of the songs and i will try my nano to see what that sounds like too. But I want to thank everyone for there great reviews and helping me out to make the right choice in these cans. And thank you again for any info that will help me...

Jan 24, 2006 at 11:01 PM Post #2 of 8
First things first, burn these cans in for at least 50 hours (preferrably 100-200) for them to reach their full potential. The HD 595's really sounded like a whole different headphone after significant burn-in.

Jan 24, 2006 at 11:19 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Istasi
First things first, burn these cans in for at least 50 hours (preferrably 100-200) for them to reach their full potential.

Ok I read this before, so what is the best way to burn these baby in. Should i use them or just leave them plug in my play so they can burn in. Because if i use them and burn them in for the 50 i can hear how they sound now, and the after effect, or do people just let them sit for a while..?

Jan 25, 2006 at 12:29 AM Post #4 of 8
Just listen as you burn and leave them running when you are sleeping. You paid a lot of money for them so you should enjoy them. I never had the patience to wait a few days before i got my first listen to a set of cans.

Jan 25, 2006 at 1:08 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Istasi
First things first, burn these cans in for at least 50 hours (preferrably 100-200) for them to reach their full potential. The HD 595's really sounded like a whole different headphone after significant burn-in.

Exaxctly. To me, they sounded like crapola out of the box and now i love them to death

Jan 25, 2006 at 1:43 AM Post #6 of 8
Ok, now it making sence. You know what funny. I been listening to them. And they sound better then what I had before(cheap 20$ headphone-not true cans) but i cant wait to hear them once they burn in. I need to find some music to really bring out the sound, no one has told me any music with allot of sound. I remember reading one post,he said he could tell where the person was sitting ,because it was so clear. This is a hole another world in sounds... TY for the help again...

Jan 25, 2006 at 3:32 AM Post #8 of 8
Some good recorded albums I reccomend:
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
Led Zeppelin - The Best of Led Zeppelin Vol 1 & 2
Sting - Any album

Some nice sounding songs:
The Eagles - Hotel California
U2 - A Man and a Woman
Leahy - Cape Breton Medley
Led Zeppelin - All of My Love, Stairway to Heaven

Happy Listening, Santiago.