About Jazz..
Feb 19, 2019 at 5:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

JediMa70

500+ Head-Fier
I recently fell in love for Jazz so I was wondering which are the "must have" albums performance-sound quality wise to have? To have a nice list here could be just amazing to improve my collection :)

Feb 19, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #4 of 10
There is too much jazz, styles of jazz, types of jazz, vocalists, etc... like the genre electronic, it’s just so wide, I love jazz and electronic but prefer some styles more than others. EST, or estabjorn Svenson trio is a foundation of danish/ Swedish jazz scene, but so are trio elf, and bridge to funk jazz nils landgren. This is one region of one style done differently for each.

Feb 20, 2019 at 6:18 AM Post #5 of 10
There is too much jazz, styles of jazz, types of jazz, vocalists, etc... like the genre electronic, it’s just so wide, I love jazz and electronic but prefer some styles more than others. EST, or estabjorn Svenson trio is a foundation of danish/ Swedish jazz scene, but so are trio elf, and bridge to funk jazz nils landgren. This is one region of one style done differently for each.
Yes that's what i'm learning, so I will start from classics and collect and listen :
Bill Evans Trio - Waltz for Debby
Dave Brubeck Quartet - Take Five
Charles Mingus - Mingus Ah Um
John Coltrane - Blue Train
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
Keith Jarrett Standards Volumes 1 & 2.

thank you guys

Mar 7, 2019 at 1:11 AM Post #7 of 10
614iNQ4w%2BdL._SX425_.jpg

91968jEoKIL._SX425_.jpg

71Qxx8sNs1L._SS500_.jpg

Mar 7, 2019 at 2:11 AM Post #8 of 10
Yes that's what i'm learning, so I will start from classics and collect and listen :

thank you guys
Let us know how you like them, please!!

Mar 7, 2019 at 5:30 AM Post #9 of 10
I do! they are exactly what I was searching, I like them all and this means something :D! My favourite are Miles Davis and Dave Brubeck Quartet (probably my favourite style). Then I added few recordings of Diana Krall, although is a bit different.
So if you have more to share please fell free to spam here :)

Slightly OT, the cans I own which are better for Jazz are to my ears HifiMan He-560, Meze 99C and HD600 it's amazing how good music sounds good with the right headphones!

Mar 7, 2019 at 6:06 AM Post #10 of 10

thank you guys

One album I just seem to never get tired of is "Art Pepper Meets the Rhythm Section", it would fit nicely in your list. Sound quality, have no idea if there are better and not so good recordings :) I always listen to the music first, no use chasing the perfect recording if I don't like the album :beerchug:

A small edit: If you enjoy Walz for Debby, there's another nice album with Monica Zetterlund (the singer on Walz for Debby) called "The Lost Tapes". Recorded in New York around 1960 if I remember correctly, but released in 1996 when someone found the original unreleased recordings :)
Zoot Sims and Thad Jones among others in the band.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back