About Fisher 500c
Feb 11, 2005 at 5:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

KennyDow

New Head-Fier
Hello. This is my first time posting here
biggrin.gif

Excuse me, is anyone know about how headphones work on Fisher 500c amp headphone output like?
Is it sound terrible or........good?

I'm going to buy this amp because It have a nice Phono amp that can fit up my LP turntable.

Please tell me if anyone have any idea~~

Thank you!!

Feb 11, 2005 at 7:57 PM Post #2 of 5
Kenny: You will like the 500c. I haven't listened to a lot of headphone amps, but I use both a 500c and a 400 as a headphone amp, and both work very well with my Senns 650's.

You can spend a lot more money, but I don't think you will get a lot more than the 500c.

Noel

Feb 12, 2005 at 12:37 AM Post #3 of 5
Thank you Nblis

Im going to see this mechine with my headphone today
icon10.gif

Really expecting how it will perform now.

thank for response.

Feb 12, 2005 at 12:51 AM Post #4 of 5
I have two of them. I'm selling just about everything else and restoring them both. Outstanding with headphones. Rolled off in the deepest bass. Very wide soundstage and natural sound. It will make your speakers dance too!

Nov 8, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #5 of 5
Kenny: You will like the 500c. I haven't listened to a lot of headphone amps, but I use both a 500c and a 400 as a headphone amp, and both work very well with my Senns 650's.

You can spend a lot more money, but I don't think you will get a lot more than the 500c.

Noel

I totally agree.  I just picked up a 500c (a score off of Craigslist).  I am listening to my Senn 600s through it right now, and it is divine.  I have two other dedicated tube headphone amps (Bottlehead Crack w/speedball, a 805 SET headphone amp), but I think the Fisher makes the Senns sing better than any other amp I have tried.  Of course, it is all about synergy - my Alpha Dog headphones sound better on the SET amp I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back