About BrainwavZ
Feb 26, 2012 at 2:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Bahamut2

New Head-Fier
I've never listened to this brand but i see there are a lot of different IEMS, for this brand... what do you think is the best sound overall? 

Brainwavz M1
Brainwavz M2
Brainwavz M3
Brainwavz M4
Also beta and other versions.

How is the sound like? Is it more like bassy, warm, clean, crisp? Does it produce sibilance?
What do you think is the best value and the best version of their IEMs?
M3 is the most expensive so maybe this has the best sound quality?

Thx :wink:

Feb 26, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #2 of 10
The question should be which one suits your sound preference ?

Feb 26, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #3 of 10
I'd like to know more details about each model from someone who is more experienced. I have the M4s and like them a lot, but I'm curious to know how the others compare to it. I don't have enough experience/knowledge to give a detailed review, but I do know that the bass is not overbearing and the mids and highs do sound quite detailed. However, my knowledge of IEMs is limited so I can't speak to how good there sound actually is (or isn't).

Feb 26, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #4 of 10
Well... my sound preference would be PX100-II.
But i also like clear and crisp sounds, the best would be a combination of both (clear good sound + good powered and warm bass).

Mar 2, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #5 of 10
I've had the M1 -M2 -M3 and M4, so if you are looking for a clear sound, stay away from the M4's.
M3 have the more detailed sound of the M series, they also have a very nice lower frequency response, you can wear them all day and not get stressed.
M2 has a good sound quality but their main quality is the bass.
M1 is too bright for my taste, they sound very clear, but they are boring after a while.
M4's are like a boombox, i just don't like them at all, the higher frequencies are almost lost.

Mar 30, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #7 of 10

Quote:
I've had the M1 -M2 -M3 and M4, so if you are looking for a clear sound, stay away from the M4's.
M3 have the more detailed sound of the M series, they also have a very nice lower frequency response, you can wear them all day and not get stressed.
M2 has a good sound quality but their main quality is the bass.
M1 is too bright for my taste, they sound very clear, but they are boring after a while.
M4's are like a boombox, i just don't like them at all, the higher frequencies are almost lost.

I've got the ViSang r02 (Brainwavz M2-ish) and recently got a pair of M4 in a sale. I agree with your description of those two.

Mar 30, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #8 of 10

Quote:

I've got the ViSang r02 (Brainwavz M2-ish) and recently got a pair of M4 in a sale. I agree with your description of those two.

Visang R02 = Brainwavz ProAlpha

I got ProAlpha, M1, M2, M3, M4 and B2. They all have the different sound signature.
M2s are the warmest and fun, M3s have the sweet+forward mid, good space, soundstage and detail.
B2s are the most detailed + instrument seperation, and the brightest one.

Mar 31, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #9 of 10
Brainwavz ProAlpha should be almost the same as M2 in sound signature, as Joker described, Visang R02 (Brainwavz ProAlpha) almost the same as Visang R03 (Brainwavz M2)

Mar 31, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #10 of 10

Quote:
Brainwavz ProAlpha should be almost the same as M2 in sound signature, as Joker described, Visang R02 (Brainwavz ProAlpha) almost the same as Visang R03 (Brainwavz M2)

They're both fun sounding earphones (ProAlpha & M2), but the sound is really different.
M2s are warmer, better soundstage, slower and bigger bass. ProAlpha is good all-round. For me, I prefer M2 over the ProAlpha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back