About a $70 price limit, need to find the best IEM I can find
May 12, 2010 at 12:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

SF_101

New Head-Fier
Hello, recently I made a thread saying how I wanted some uber-bassy IEMs.  But my experiences with bass were through some Skullycandy's, which only the left worked and not well. I tried some old Apple earbuds and was amazed with the midrange and treble I had been missing.  (From electronic tracks like this, this, and this one. )  Then I realized that I would like an IEM with a deep bass when needed for some nice beats, but the ability to experience the wonderful mids and highs out there to some extent.  I've heard that the Hippo VB seems to have the best of both worlds, but it may be hard for me to come up with the cash.  I would like to know if there are any other IEM's worth considering for around $70. (Klipsch Image S4??)

Thank you very much for your time.

May 12, 2010 at 1:07 AM Post #2 of 12
Yes, S4 is good for $80.  It is very strong in the bass & trebles, but not much for mids.  The RE0 is the best for highs and decent mids, but the bass is lean -- accurate, but lean.  There are seveal others that are in that range that I haven't heard that you could spend some time researching -- esp 'ljokerl's long IEM comparison by price range thread.  Fischer Silver Bullet is one.  For much less, the MEElectronics M9 is sort of like the S4, but not as refined -- but still good, if you EQ down the boomy bass.

May 12, 2010 at 1:15 PM Post #4 of 12
Brainwavz M2 are highely recommended(please check the ClieOS review).

May 12, 2010 at 2:09 PM Post #7 of 12
I think you would get more helpful advices if you summarize what you actually want from your phones. From what I gather:
- Bass extension
- Bass not dominating the spectrum

I think the other important thing you should mention is the quantity of the bass that you wanted. People are suggesting a gamut from ER6i to Eterna here! :D

May 13, 2010 at 3:54 PM Post #8 of 12

Quote:
I think you would get more helpful advices if you summarize what you actually want from your phones. From what I gather:
- Bass extension
- Bass not dominating the spectrum

I think the other important thing you should mention is the quantity of the bass that you wanted. People are suggesting a gamut from ER6i to Eterna here! :D

I would like a healthy amount of bass, since I love bassy electronic music, but definetley not overpowering the other notes, as I like being able to experience the mids as well.

May 13, 2010 at 4:34 PM Post #9 of 12
May 13, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #10 of 12

Quote:
I would like a healthy amount of bass, since I love bassy electronic music, but definetley not overpowering the other notes, as I like being able to experience the mids as well.

Maybe the thinksound rain? Similar to the RE0 but more mid centric with good bass.

The Nuforce NE6/NE7m is also a great choice for being both bassy and fairly clear at the same time (or so I've read).

May 13, 2010 at 5:24 PM Post #11 of 12
Silver Bullet has the bass that does not leak over the mids, unlike Eterna at times. Rain would not be my first choice for electronic music, though it's a great balanced all-rounder. Rain is rather relaxed though. 

May 13, 2010 at 6:17 PM Post #12 of 12
X 2 on the Fischer Audio Silver Bullet. Also consider the Fischer Audio Enigma and the Brainwavz M2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back