About 10,000 days and a Tool ticket story...
Apr 25, 2006 at 4:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Trogdor

Reviewer: Metal-Fi
So as like probably everyone on this board knows, last Saturday at 11AM Tool tickets went on sale for NYC in May during their pre-tour rounds. It kinda sucks that Tool Army members don't get presales for these shows (reason why I joined in the first place) but I'm told there will be presales for the main tour starting in August/September.

Anyway, I was on the NY City Center site at around 10:55AM reloading the page like every minute when all of sudden I kept on getting "Service Unavailable!" I paniced and started to freek when all of a sudden my Treo lights up with an alert saying to buy tickets with the box office number. So at 11:00AM I'm calling every second using my cell phone and land line phone alternating between them - all I kept on getting was "All circuits are busy..."

Well I lost all hope as I was dialing the friggin number for about 7 minutes straight non-stop when all of sudden I get "Welcome to NY City Center box offfice!" I started to jump in excitement when the automated female voice goes, "Your estimated wait time is 5 minutes!" I'm like I'm golden....

....well 11 minutes later I weeping figuring all tickets have either sold out or I going to have roof tickets. An operator (British, sexy voice) finally reaches me and turns out they had 2 tickets orchestra level (row E) in the front. I felt so lucky to have them. I was talking with her somewhat and it turned out that hackers apparently (she used the word hackers, I swear) tried to break into the site which prompted them to shutdown the servers. Unbelievable. So if someone was just sitting there trying to buy tickets via the web, there was ZERO chance that was going to happen.

Anyway, again, I'm totally stoked as this will be my first Tool concert (long time fan but never had a chance to actually see them).

On another note, who here actually has 10000 days? It was leaked and I've been listening to it for about a week (I am of course going to buy the CD on May 2nd as I have for every Tool release since Undertow - had to backtrack to buy Opiate after I had Undertow). Any early reactions?

Apr 25, 2006 at 7:11 AM Post #2 of 4
I am very jealous. I tried to get tickets for the Philly/Upper Darby show on Ticketmaster online and was unsucessful. I'm hoping they make a larger scale US tour after their European tour as well.

Apr 25, 2006 at 10:00 AM Post #3 of 4
congratulations on getting your tickets.
i have a ticket for both nights that they are playing here in london. supported by ISIS. yep ISIS!!!! both times i have seen tool the sound engineers where masterfull, they play a hypnotic and awe inspiring set. Tool are going to rock!

man i am so exited.

Apr 25, 2006 at 11:42 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeB06
I am very jealous. I tried to get tickets for the Philly/Upper Darby show on Ticketmaster online and was unsucessful. I'm hoping they make a larger scale US tour after their European tour as well.

What's up with that? I figure if they are online at ticketmaster, that should be just getting on the site when they go on sale and buying them? Does ticketmaster go down under heavy load?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back