Abbingdon Music Research DP-777 Thread
Mar 11, 2015 at 2:32 AM Post #424 of 571

I will keep you all posted about how the installation proceeds, and, of course, how it sounds to my ears in my system (mostly through my speakers).

Hi Brian,
sounds great.
Did they give you a delivery date ?
Pics will be much appreciated too.
By the way, I live in Germany and the German distributor doesn´t know anything yet.
Cheers
Kai

Mar 11, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #425 of 571
  About $6.5k down here :)

I'm of course only guessing that, at three times the price of the Hugo, it might offer superior sound quality.

It costs more due to the added tech / desktop size. I (vaguely) recall the owner of Chord saying the'd sound similar. One would expect improvements of course.

Mar 11, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #427 of 571
I was looking at the article linked above.

I've seen it, it's safe to say it looks good. But I'll ask Fikus himself to send some B7 or GG boards assembled. Once he does that, I'll put them here. 

Mar 11, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #428 of 571

I've seen it, it's safe to say it looks good. But I'll ask Fikus himself to send some B7 or GG boards assembled. Once he does that, I'll put them here. 

Out of interest, out of all the DACs you've tested, why the NuForce DAC-9 in your own setup?

Mar 11, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #429 of 571

Out of interest, out of all the DACs you've tested, why the NuForce DAC-9 in your own setup?

It's not anymore. It has been, for more than two years. I need to finally update my platform rig in some places. Now I'm using Level7 and COS Engineering D1. Though NuForce REF9 V3SE are still used, those are solid performers. And as a HPO there's Questyle CMA800R (which is great with HD800 - my all time favs). And there's also something special waiting in line: Trilogy 933 from UK. Some reviewers say it's on Bakoon HPA-21 level. It should be, similar money are involved
atsmile.gif

But enough of this off-topic, it's DP-777 thread after all 
very_evil_smiley.gif
  Anyway, I assume that someone rom AMR will chime in and share some knowledge about state of SE version.  

Mar 11, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #430 of 571

It's not anymore. It has been, for more than two years. I need to finally update my platform rig in some places. Now I'm using Level7 and COS Engineering D1. Though NuForce REF9 V3SE are still used, those are solid performers. And as a HPO there's Questyle CMA800R (which is great with HD800 - my all time favs). And there's also something special waiting in line: Trilogy 933 from UK. Some reviewers say it's on Bakoon HPA-21 level. It should be, similar money are involved
atsmile.gif

But enough of this off-topic, it's DP-777 thread after all 
very_evil_smiley.gif
  Anyway, I assume that someone rom AMR will chime in and share some knowledge about state of SE version.  

Hmm, the Trilogy 933 looks interesting, fully Class A. UK based = bonus. A potential partner for the 777SE :¬)

Mar 19, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #432 of 571
Kai,

I did receive the kit and I installed it. But the new USB card didn't work, so Avatar Acoustics, the US distributor, is sending me a new one. I will post pictures of the upgrade process and listening impressions when I have more time.

Mar 19, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #433 of 571
I've cancelled my order due to the 430HA dac (greatly) surpassing my expectations. I'll sit with this for a few months before deciding what to do.

I spoke to a UK distributer recently, the first batch coming into the UK will be next week, apparently they're on the way to him.

Mar 20, 2015 at 1:04 AM Post #435 of 571
As I understand it… the SE 'kits' have arrived almost a month ago-  I also understand that some of them arrived w/ bent pins (on the tubes) & some other issues w/ shipping (packaging from AMR), as hard as this is to believe-

Why has no one 'written up' on a forum, that they received their completed factory mod ??????   The anticipation for this mod has been going on for OVER a year….

I am into nice DACs, and started reading about the AMR DP-777-  There are sooooo many awesome reviews and threads, I have been so excited !….  Then I started reading about the SE upgrade… so many confusing statements about the upgrade 'facts' in reference to the 'build', & now, in retrospect, in regard to the timing as to completion...

Ended up conversing w/ a few peeps as to how long they've been waiting & how many 'promisses' they've heard…  and also how HAPPY they 'were' w/ their 777s

Can't imagine how many customers AMR has lost because of this debacle…. guess they don't iCare… (hint, hint)

I was/am DYING still, to hear the SE !

So many have sold their 777 & moved on… as wonderful of a value as the (secretly Chinese manufactured) AMR products are…. in terms of digital… time has marched on…  there are many amazing digital products out there, including the 'iAMR' ones...

So…. where are 'we' ?  some have waited over a year to get the promised (over & over & over) upgrade… some have moved on…. 

BUT…. why has AMR figured it's cool, to start selling the 'full fledged' DP-777SE world wide, BEFORE the very patient, very loyal customers receive their upgrades ?????  This is just RUDE !!

I have no 'skin in the game'…. I just want to try/buy an SE, because EVERYBODY loves the 777…. duh !

Why do loyal customers have to 'tread lightly' in forums, because they don't want to 'upset' AMR or the importers ???   AMR clearly put their time and effort (R&D !) into iAMR products… clearly sent them every which way, all over the globe to get them reviewed….

Although…. sorry… forgot about the huge amount of customers that 'sent' them the dough, to afford the R&D bucks….

Sorry… just bitching for the loyal AMR masses… who won't...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back