AAW A3H Pro V2 Review (w/ V1 review)
Apr 19, 2017 at 12:20 AM Post #33 of 63
That's very interesting, I didn't even know there are V1 and V2. I have a AH3Pro custom and recently got an AH3Pro universal from a fellow headfier. The universal was a lot leaner on the bass. I expected the same sound sig, with the usual issue of having a lesser seal with universals but even if I put my AAW made custom sleeves on these the bass is nowhere near my custom AH3Pro. It's strange. Both sound excellent for the price level, but I prefer the rather bass heavy sound signature of my custom model. That is not to say that the universal have no bass, just less, leaner, tighter one.

Cheers.

Apr 19, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #34 of 63
That's very interesting, I didn't even know there are V1 and V2. I have a AH3Pro custom and recently got an AH3Pro universal from a fellow headfier. The universal was a lot leaner on the bass. I expected the same sound sig, with the usual issue of having a lesser seal with universals but even if I put my AAW made custom sleeves on these the bass is nowhere near my custom AH3Pro. It's strange. Both sound excellent for the price level, but I prefer the rather bass heavy sound signature of my custom model. That is not to say that the universal have no bass, just less, leaner, tighter one.

Cheers.

V2 models (for A3H and A2H) were only just recently announced at CanJam SG 2017. Not sure what the changes are either, but if it warrants a V2 tag I assume it's pretty big.

Apr 19, 2017 at 1:48 AM Post #35 of 63

V2 models (for A3H and A2H) were only just recently announced at CanJam SG 2017. Not sure what the changes are either, but if it warrants a V2 tag I assume it's pretty big.

Ok, so then I definitively have two V1s which leads to the question why they sound so different. Maybe mine was tuned to my preference, who knows.

Apr 19, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #37 of 63
If i'm not mistaken, they initially released an A3H, then and A3H Pro (and now the A3H Pro v2)

blue - left side universal (with custom sleeve)
yellow - left side custom

both labeled AH3Pro

both have the same Knowles drivers inside: 30017 dual BA and the single dynamic...

Apr 19, 2017 at 5:38 AM Post #38 of 63

blue - left side universal (with custom sleeve)

yellow - left side custom

both labeled AH3Pro

both have the same Knowles drivers inside: 30017 dual BA and the single dynamic...

Yup, so yours are the A3H Pro v1 and not the original A3H. But i have no idea why they would sound differently. If i remember correctly what i auditioned was the original A3H (non Pro)

Apr 19, 2017 at 5:40 AM Post #39 of 63
Yup, so yours are the A3H Pro v1 and not the original A3H. But i have no idea why they would sound differently. If i remember correctly what i auditioned was the original A3H (non Pro)

Yep... I shot an email to their support and see what can be done. I was looking for the same sound sig but universal - anyhow - am still happy with my purchase but would love to increase the bass level without EQ - as my favorite player HM-901 doesn't have EQ :frowning2: 

Cheers.

Apr 19, 2017 at 6:47 AM Post #40 of 63

Yep... I shot an email to their support and see what can be done. I was looking for the same sound sig but universal - anyhow - am still happy with my purchase but would love to increase the bass level without EQ - as my favorite player HM-901 doesn't have EQ :frowning2: 

Cheers.

So does the universal version have less bass than K10U? Das ist interessant. 
smile.gif

These are on Massdrop apparently.

Apr 19, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #42 of 63
Link for the lazy: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/aaw-a3hpro-hybrid-3-way-ciem?mode=guest_open

Verdict's still open on the V2 revision (AFAIK there still isn't any impressions of them yet, from CanJam or otherwise). I love the original and it still holds up to my collection of TOTL IEMs very well. If AAW manages to improve on the existing design, it'll still be a steal at MSRP.

Apr 19, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #43 of 63
If they are are using the same ba drivers as flc and ito3, if they can extend to treble similar to flc or ito3, it would be a 10. I find v1 lacks treble extension. I may just get in for another one if it sound different enough.

Apr 19, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #45 of 63
The v2 sound different from the previous version (A3H non-Pro), that i can tell. The previous version i heard sounds warm and full, too full sounding that it comes to a point that everything sounds congested. I never got to audition the A3H Pro (V1)

That's why i mentioned earlier that the v2 i heard from Canjam sounds more leaner, airy - more to my preferrence.

Will audition within this week and get more impressions and photos :slight_smile: I too am very keen with this unit (since the start) as the price range is just right for my budget - plus a local shop now has an unbelievable promo that ends this Saturday :grimacing: So i have to decide very soon if i should be getting this or not :grimacing:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back