AARRRGGHH, Freakin Thief!
Aug 18, 2004 at 8:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 48

mega

500+ Head-Fier
Never would i have thought that i would get scammed here at head-fi. (Read Tarik's feedback) All the people here seem very nice, and wouldn't seem like the kind to rip you off. I read about the Williamgoody situation, and i thought to myself, "this will never happen to me" and how i would never EVER fall for a scam. Well, i guess i was wrong.

I guess part of the blame should be on myself, because of dealing with someone who seemed nice, but had no feedback and was fairly new. I got so hyped up into getting something i really wanted, i didn't think it over and just went with it. But still, it just pisses me off when i think about what i did, and how i definetly should've NOT let this deal go through with a person with no feedback/posts. it also pisses me off that there is probably nothing i can do about it now, and i could just imagine him laughing his b*tch ass off with my money (which was about 390 ) I tried to contact Jude about a ban, but who knows if that'll happen. If he was in the U.S and wasn't overseas, i would hunt him down and take back what is rightfully mine.

Sorry about the rant, i can't sleep, and he's ignoring all my PM's. Bastards like this don't deserve a commnutiy like head-fi, and deserve to be locked up. Freakin Thief!
mad.gif
mad.gif

Aug 18, 2004 at 9:02 AM Post #2 of 48
I am sorry to hear what happened to you. Do never consider everybody else being as honest as you are.

Hey, it seems that you manage to keep smiling in spite of this... that's good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mega
If he was in the U.S and wasn't overseas, i would hunt him down and take back what is rightfully mine.

Look what we're gonna do: you hunt down Williamgoody for me and I hunt down Tarik for you. I will of course reimburse you the difference because you have been stolen a greater amount of money than me
wink.gif

Do we have a deal?
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Edit: I now realise Tarik is in Australia. Sorry, but I have to back out of the deal...
biggrin.gif

Aug 18, 2004 at 9:15 AM Post #3 of 48
Dude sorry to hear about your loss. I had a dealing with this guy previously too! I reported him time back because his PMs to me were really odd. Jude did NOTHING! I mean here was a man on ZERO posts and was confidently trading away wanting to swop my PPA for a plethora of hifi gear. I DIDNT deal with Tarik in the end as I'd rather have been safe than sorry and now frankly I'm glad I didnt.

I have an address for this muppet and would happily pass it over to the relevant parties concerned here. I feel the mods could have done more. No doubt this turkey is reading all this and laughing at someones expense!

Aug 18, 2004 at 10:08 AM Post #4 of 48
I know exactly how you're feeling, i was scammed by a false ebay sale and it is very frustrating. I was stupid enough to send the money without checking everything out on ebay first with regards to payment methods etc.

As the weeks go by the frustration and must kill the b****rd feelings go away but at the end of the day you're still left with a bitter taste in the back of your mouth and a hole in your wallet.

Aug 18, 2004 at 10:29 AM Post #6 of 48
Headfi is getting larger and larger and this kind of problems are increasing. Last time I search for someone on a memberlist I was amazed to see the enormous number of members here.

Aug 18, 2004 at 10:43 AM Post #8 of 48
hm. I would like to know, is paypal completely safe? If i pay with paypal, am i covereed for fraud?

Aug 18, 2004 at 11:10 AM Post #9 of 48
There are things you can do to protect yourself from fraud, even with paypal. I have done this before.

But I don't want to go into the details, since such info can also be used to defraud honest sellers.

Aug 18, 2004 at 11:27 AM Post #10 of 48
[size=small]The basic idea is :-[/size]

* A deal that is too good to be true is not worth it unless it is from someone with SOLID forum feedback.

* Better buy new and sell at a higher value when you are bored

* If you must buy used then buy from a HeadFi/Audiogon member with SOLID feedback

* The rule should be - the person with lower feedback must first send payment/goods to the person with better feedback. If the buyer/seller asks otherwise then step away from the deal. (This is not a RULE as such...just use it when you feel it may protect you in the transaction)

* Always get the addresses/email/telephone details and verify them as far as possible

* Be smart - if you have doubts then use a friend or fellow HeadFi member to approach the same person. If he double deals or gives flakey info then step away

Anybody care to add to this list?

Aug 18, 2004 at 11:43 AM Post #11 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
[size=small]The basic idea is :-[/size]

* A deal that is too good to be true is not worth it unless it is from someone with SOLID forum feedback.

* Better buy new and sell at a higher value when you are bored

* If you must buy used then buy from a HeadFi/Audiogon member with SOLID feedback

* The rule should be - the person with lower feedback must first send payment/goods to the person with better feedback. If the buyer/seller asks otherwise then step away from the deal. (This is not a RULE as such...just use it when you feel it may protect you in the transaction)

* Always get the addresses/email/telephone details and verify them as far as possible

* Be smart - if you have doubts then use a friend or fellow HeadFi member to approach the same person. If he double deals or gives flakey info then step away

Anybody care to add to this list?

* Never pay using western union transfer

* To verify how much you need a new item mention it to your other half and after the ear bashing and lack of physical contact that comes soon after judge if the purchase is worth it
wink.gif

Aug 18, 2004 at 1:49 PM Post #14 of 48
Sorry about your loss.

But you have to look at what happened. You entered into a transaction with a guy who had:
- 1 post
- Maybe 1 transaction
- Just recently registered
- Lives overseas

You can’t blame the moderators for that; you knew what you were getting into.

You should pay for any transaction with a credit card so there’s a chance of reversing the charge if something goes wrong.

You need to properly weigh the status, history and integrity of the individual prior to making the purchase.

You need to realize the inherent risk associated with such a transaction and decide it it’s worth it to you.

To place any blame or responsibility on the moderators is totally uncalled for.

The one member indicates he has an address. Another member seems to live near the thief. Look into contacting the local police and see if you can file a report or do something that way. Look at pressing charges. Save all of your correspondence and information. Put it together and send it to the local police. It’s all you can do.

Mitch

Aug 18, 2004 at 1:59 PM Post #15 of 48
I would love to see this horrible man face the police. I dont think he'd be laughing when he sees them. It would just be oh so funny.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back