Aar0n's First "Real" Cans
Apr 18, 2007 at 3:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Aar0n

100+ Head-Fier
I'm down to the final few pairs of headphones I want, but I have a few questions first. I'm (seriously) considering the Audio-Technica ATH-A700, but my list also includes the Beyerdynamic DT880, and Sennheiser HD595. The Grado SR325i and the Alessandro MS2i were/are also considerations, but the whole "Grado" sound really doesn't seem like my cup of tea. I know these are all fine headphones, but for music, gaming, VoIP and occasionally movies, which will be most worth my time? (Also, which among these is best described as "comfy" and "versatile?" Those are two of the main traits I'm looking for.) Whatever I get will wind up being driven by a small amp such as the Little Dot 2 Micro or a Cmoy, in addition to a sound card I've yet to decide on.

Apr 18, 2007 at 3:48 AM Post #2 of 3
I'll just comment on the comfort.

I never liked the comfort of the AT headphones, but others like them.

Personally, the HD and DT will be the most comfortable and best fitting IMO, with the beyer being the better of the two. That's one of the reasons I like them so much.

Ever consider the Denon D2000? Can be had for roughly 300$us, and comfort is said to be very good (at beyer levels or above). Might be another one to research and throw into the mix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back