Aah... it's about time...
Feb 17, 2005 at 3:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ReDVsion

Headphoneus Supremus
I finally, FINALLY got the E-Mu 0404 I was wanting. I sold my Delta AP2496 a good 6 months back, and in the meantime, I was using an SBLive I had laying around (hey, it was better than onboard...). I'm slowly starting to remember what I was missing. Slowly, because I have a much harder time realizing the benefits of a better source than with any of my other components. Changing a headphone is dramatic. Adding an amp can be as well. But a source component? It's really in the subtleties.

Slowly but surely, though, I begin to hear the added clarity and detail. It's not an immediate "wow" factor, but it's definitely not something to scoff at either. Yeah, the SBLive played the same music, but it was a bottleneck, and there wasn't a day that went by that I couldn't hear that fact. Still, I find it comparatively a rather minor change in sound. Maybe I have tin ears, or maybe I'm just not accustomed to hearing changes in source components. At any rate, I just wanted to express my joy in getting one more important piece of my headphone-system squared away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back