Aaarrgh, Mac OSX Leopard delayed
Apr 14, 2007 at 1:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 69

RYCeT

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:

Leopard delayed by Apple iPhone
The next release of Apple's operating system, OS X, is being delayed by four months.

Scheduled to appear in mid-June, the new version of the Mac software, codenamed Leopard before now, will instead be released in October.

A trial, or beta, version, of Leopard will be available in June at the Apple developer conference.

The delay has been caused by the demands of the Apple iPhone which is intended to go on sale in June.

To ensure the iPhone hits its target, Apple has assigned some OS X engineers and quality testers to that project.

In a statement, Apple said the sophisticated software on the iPhone had forced it to make some difficult choices about where to concentrate its development and engineering efforts.

The iPhone was unveiled in January at the Macworld Expo in San Francisco.

Apple said that the features in Leopard will be complete by the time of its Worldwide Developers Conference in June but the final polish on the product would be missing.

"We now plan to show our developers a near final version of Leopard at the conference, give them a beta copy to take home so they can do their final testing, and ship Leopard in October," said Apple.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6552113.stm

Damn, this is sucks. I need a new laptop and I hate to buy one now knowing there will be a new os in the next 5 months.

Apr 14, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #3 of 69
So what. None of the advertised features is much appealing. They rather work out all the nasty connectivity issues I'm struggling with.

Apr 14, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #4 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xakepa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So what. None of the advertised features is much appealing. They rather work out all the nasty connectivity issues I'm struggling with.

Spaces is pretty cool. I tried to get a desktop manager that works with Windows, but I couldn't get it to work that great. Like iTunes would show up in every desktop, even though I only wanted it to show up in one. Oh well.

I wish they would update the interface though. I'm starting to like this snazzy Aero-style Windowblinds theme.

Apr 14, 2007 at 5:37 AM Post #5 of 69
I'm really looking forward to Time Warp. So the next time my brother-in-law decides to delete an "unimportant folder," I can undo the damage...

Apr 14, 2007 at 5:42 AM Post #6 of 69
Apple has generally been good with allowing free upgrades on new machines where OS's are concerned. No guarantees, of course.

This is the Mac reality. Take a faulty, constant work in process now *koff* Microsoft *koff* or a rock solid, no hassles OS later.

Apr 14, 2007 at 6:07 AM Post #8 of 69
i didn't even know a new os was due...
blink.gif

oh well. i'm pretty apathetic about operating systems. windows operating systems suck, windows computers suck, mac computers suck even more. right now i'm too lazy to run avast so i'm on mac- and the only fps game i play right now is available for mac, too, so i guess apple wins for now. i just want something as customizable (in hardware and software, good luck updating a macbook pro, what with the cpu soldered onto the mobo and stuff...) as windows and as secure as mac. and i want it to work right off the bat too, i'm looking at you, kubuntu!

Apr 14, 2007 at 6:58 AM Post #9 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by puiah11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's some more comments. Whateva I guess, as long as it works when it's out. That new "retrospect" feature seems kind of resource intensive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vibin247 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm really looking forward to Time Warp. So the next time my brother-in-law decides to delete an "unimportant folder," I can undo the damage...

I think both of you are talking about the feature called "Time Machine," right??
biggrin.gif

Apr 14, 2007 at 7:23 AM Post #12 of 69
I was hoping for it to come out earlier. It is a pity. But I do hope they will use the extra time in getting whatever flaw out of the system so it works perfectly. When I installed 10.4.8 with 3 other people from work, all our computers broke down in a week or 2. That was really bad. Don't know if that was a coincedence or not but it seemed kinda strange to me.

Apr 14, 2007 at 7:55 AM Post #13 of 69
This sucks!
I was hoping for updated MacBook Pro's and Mac OS 10.5 release on WWDC 2007.

Apr 14, 2007 at 7:58 AM Post #14 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xakepa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
None of the advertised features is much appealing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mac computers suck even more.

'

Apr 15, 2007 at 3:24 AM Post #15 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mac computers suck even more

Second that. Most Mac people are generally ignorant about Windows mashines, and PC guys don't care about Mac (before they're stuck with one). Being here and there, I'd say Mac OS have more glitches than W2003/XP Profi. Most Mac users however never face those, while MS tend to manifest it's glitches in a spectacular way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back