AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 7, 2001 at 11:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Bob

100+ Head-Fier
My main headphone rig has been stolen … I had it at my girl friend’s apartment and now it is gone… poor me!!!!
frown.gif
Well, this means that I must unload some of my other gear that I have been collecting so I can re-purchase my main setup. So, since I am not exactly sure what I am going to sell (or need to sell) I am going to post a list of what I have. If anyone is really interested in anything listed please shoot me an email with what you would be willing to pay. Otherwise, keep an eye out in the For Sale Forum.

What I have:
1. MG Head DT + Telefunken NOS tubes (2 12AX7s) + Ei tubes (2 EL84s) + original tubes. (this might have a buyer)
2. Grado RS1s with custom made walnut box.
3. Senn 600s
4. Beyer 931s
5. MicoZotl amp
6. Sony V6s
7. Denon 370 CD player
8. Grado 325s (Slight scratches on cups) <--- forgot about these in the original post

I am planning on re-buying the Sony 3000s and the Sony SCD-333ES. I would be more then willing to discuss possible trades.

Thanks.

Oct 7, 2001 at 11:19 PM Post #2 of 19
Ouch man! Thats really gotta hurt... it just got stolen, eh... I hope your gf is merely playing a cruel joke on you...

Oct 7, 2001 at 11:25 PM Post #3 of 19
Oh my how I wish it was a joke ... that was not the only stuff that was taken though
frown.gif
The really , really, really bad part is that she did not have renters insurance ... I just found that out of course. Anyway, while I really love all the gear that I have (especially the RS1s) I must part with a good bit of it so I can at least have what I consider to be the best all around setup for me. It does look like I might be able to work out a deal to trade some gear for the 333es (crosses fingers).

Oct 8, 2001 at 12:15 AM Post #5 of 19
Gosh, that REALLY sucks, Bob. After reading the first message, I was about to reply with "Did she have renter's insurance?" -- and then I cringed when I read your 2nd message
frown.gif

Best of luck to you.

Oct 8, 2001 at 2:17 AM Post #7 of 19
Sorry to hear that, Bob. Look on the brightside- you still have your girlfriend, and a good girlfriend is a lot harder to find than audio equipment. Yeah, I know that's a hackneyed way to think. I'm just trying to make you feel better. Anyway, it's true.

Oct 8, 2001 at 3:19 AM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by Jon Beilin
Look on the brightside- you still have your girlfriend, and a good girlfriend is a lot harder to find than audio equipment.

So very true!!!! While I do poke fun at her for her lack of interest in audio stuff ... I would glady give up all my gear and listen to a pair of Sony V600s for the rest of my life to be with her
biggrin.gif

Oct 8, 2001 at 3:29 AM Post #9 of 19
That sucks man/I hope you at least have all the serial numbers written down in case of recovery,along with the cost of the item.Very important to have this information in a place other than where the stuff is

Oct 8, 2001 at 7:07 PM Post #12 of 19
sapphire...: thanx for the kind thought - but joelongwood snatched it up a while ago
frown.gif
? nah......
tongue.gif
it's all good....

Oct 9, 2001 at 12:38 AM Post #13 of 19
How did this happened? Did someone brake into your GF apartment? If so, maybe the administrators of the building could be held responsible for not providing adequate security. Check that one out.

Oct 9, 2001 at 12:52 AM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

I would gladly give up all my gear and listen to a pair of Sony V600s for the rest of my life to be with her

Man, Bob, you really are in love.......maybe you should let her listen to a pair of those V600s. Then she'd know the depth of your feelings for her.
biggrin.gif

Oct 9, 2001 at 2:55 AM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by joelongwood
.......maybe you should let her listen to a pair of those V600s. Then she'd know the depth of your feelings for her.
biggrin.gif

lol!!! Believe it or not ... she actually favors the V600s over all of my other gear ... she uses them when ever she listens to music through headphones ... I have offered her all of my other gear to use but she keeps on going back to the V600s ... I still love her anyway though
biggrin.gif
Notice that they were the only phones that I have that I did not list for sale
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back