A900 Sound Portable
Feb 1, 2006 at 7:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

BodiesOfLight

500+ Head-Fier
I'd like to try to find a good portable can that sounds like my A900. Decent isolation, no leakage. My FC7 are good, but a little muddy in comparison.

I was thinking the ATH-ES7s.

Feb 1, 2006 at 8:52 AM Post #2 of 5
I love my ATH-PRO700's for portable use. I haven't heard the a900's in quite a while, so a definitive comparison is probably not fair. The PRO700's are very clear cans, not overly bassy (a problem with most DJ oriented gear) very portable, and have withstood some serious abuse thus far. I haven't heard the the FC7, they might do the trick but look like fingerprint magnets.

Feb 1, 2006 at 9:59 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by phosfiend
I love my ATH-PRO700's for portable use. I haven't heard the a900's in quite a while, so a definitive comparison is probably not fair. The PRO700's are very clear cans, not overly bassy (a problem with most DJ oriented gear) very portable, and have withstood some serious abuse thus far. I haven't heard the the FC7, they might do the trick but look like fingerprint magnets.

I was considering the Pro700 as well, though the size/weight had me worried a bit, they're a little cheaper than the ES7s, not much, but a little.

Ehh, I'm satisfied with my FC7s. I think I'll put the $100 into a new phone, was eyeing the Samsung A900 (heh). This was just for future reference

Feb 1, 2006 at 1:15 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by BodiesOfLight
I was considering the Pro700 as well, though the size/weight had me worried a bit, they're a little cheaper than the ES7s, not much, but a little.

Ehh, I'm satisfied with my FC7s. I think I'll put the $100 into a new phone, was eyeing the Samsung A900 (heh). This was just for future reference

Personally, I liked the sound of the ATH-ES7 compared to the Pro700. In fact, I just sold my Pro700 today to a friend.

The ES7 doesn't have that weird hollow highs that the Pro700 and A900 exhibits. And, the mids are also much more fun to listen to than the Pro700.
Regarding the bass, the Pro700 has strong bass all around. The ES7 has very pronounced midbass, which can be overbearing sometimes.

Also, I can't throw around my ES7, but I have my rugged HD25-1 for that purpose.
tongue.gif

Feb 1, 2006 at 1:41 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by zChan
Personally, I liked the sound of the ATH-ES7 compared to the Pro700. In fact, I just sold my Pro700 today to a friend.

The ES7 doesn't have that weird hollow highs that the Pro700 and A900 exhibits. And, the mids are also much more fun to listen to than the Pro700.
Regarding the bass, the Pro700 has strong bass all around. The ES7 has very pronounced midbass, which can be overbearing sometimes.

Also, I can't throw around my ES7, but I have my rugged HD25-1 for that purpose.
tongue.gif

Cool, looks like ES7 is what I want when the time comes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back