A826 power out?
Mar 19, 2009 at 5:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

profusion

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,
what is the maximum power-out of A826 for the phones? I have sinn mx90vc which seems to be 64 oms? They sound quite quiet on my other players, and wonder what will be on that sony?

Mar 19, 2009 at 6:14 PM Post #2 of 5
My Sony S-738 doesn't sound any louder than my iPod, so chances are it won't sound very loud to you using the senn mx90. You might want to drop a little money on a portable amp if you want to continue using the senn. Or you could try something more sensitive like Ultimate Ear IEMs, or I've read good things about Yuin PK2 but haven't tried them personally. Or if you want to try a fullsize headphone, try the Grado SR-80. If you want to go for a really cheap small amp, fiio e5 is $25 - $30 shipped. I'm pondering getting one myself but haven't made the jump yet because all of my phones are sensitive enough to not require an amp for loudness.

Mar 19, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by sputnik13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Sony S-738 doesn't sound any louder than my iPod, so chances are it won't sound very loud to you using the senn mx90. You might want to drop a little money on a portable amp if you want to continue using the senn. Or you could try something more sensitive like Ultimate Ear IEMs, or I've read good things about Yuin PK2 but haven't tried them personally. Or if you want to try a fullsize headphone, try the Grado SR-80. If you want to go for a really cheap small amp, fiio e5 is $25 - $30 shipped. I'm pondering getting one myself but haven't made the jump yet because all of my phones are sensitive enough to not require an amp for loudness.

what is more sensitive more or less oms? and what are oms mean?
biggrin.gif

my other cx 300 are 32oms i think?

Mar 19, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by profusion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what is more sensitive more or less oms? and what are oms mean?
biggrin.gif

my other cx 300 are 32oms i think?

Less ohms = more sensitive, i.e. less impedance means you need less current to drive the phones, therefore the drivers are more "sensitive" to input.

CX300 is 16ohms according to senn's website.

Checkout ClieOS's impressions on the mx90vc he talks about how an amp really helps the sound, so you might want to pair it with an amp.

Mar 19, 2009 at 7:28 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by sputnik13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Less ohms = more sensitive, i.e. less impedance means you need less current to drive the phones, therefore the drivers are more "sensitive" to input.

CX300 is 16ohms according to senn's website.

Checkout ClieOS's impressions on the mx90vc he talks about how an amp really helps the sound, so you might want to pair it with an amp.

thanks for the link...is was very informative!
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back