A500 thoughts (compared to k81DJ)
Jul 14, 2007 at 7:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Woosh

100+ Head-Fier
currently im using my K81DJs for gaming and movies and music on the computer, it offers excellent isolation which is really important to me, SQ and soundstage is great as well i really like this headphone and i reckon its excellent value for the money.

However i cannot wear this headphone for long, my ears will really start to hurt and itch if i use this headphone for more than 1h (it has been bent as well). id like to buy a new headphone, hopefully something very similar in characteristics but comfort is a really important thing for me right now, i like how the HD555s feel when worn, but they are open, the A500s always seems to be popular, can anyone comment on the comfort level of this headphone? or better yet suggest me something that will fit my purposes and replace my AKG?

thanx in advance

edit: would really want something circumaural, superaural is killing my ears atm

Jul 14, 2007 at 7:54 AM Post #2 of 5
i'm sure the a500s are more comfortable. they will probably have less bass though.

i'm guessing your price range is lower so i am only suggesting a used pair of dt770pro-80ohm. a bit over $100 but it should fair well unamped and be bass heavy+awesome isolation and durability

Users who are viewing this thread

Back