a500 own for gaming
Feb 14, 2006 at 8:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

coolshot

500+ Head-Fier
Short version, everything is better all around hands down. Confort, sound positioning, SQ, detail all trump my trusty portables. Ill even go a step further and say they beat my clanmate's Sony MDR-V6. The sony is great also with great detail but its kinda bright and focuses on the highs giving it a harsh but usefull sound to it.

Here are the key points i like about them over the ksc-75/hd201/V-6

soundstage: A big soundstage that lets you hear the action around you in 3D. I love hearing other players (enemies trying to rush you behind a wall or corner). You can definately hear them a mile away now. Before you could hear them but its a hit or miss, sometimes by the time you hear them its too late.

detail: Man these things own. Being able to tell what surface your walking is great, being able to tell what surface the enemy is walking on is even better. No more knifes in the back when you keep hearing *crunch *crunch *crunch as they walk through folliage/grass

sound positioning: before i could only tell front/back/side to side. Now i can do a whole 3D in there. This is usefull when you play BF2 on mastuur and you need to dodge the rain of pain from a hovering blackhawk.

Bass: gotta love it. Ever wonder what it would be like to have force feeback for your head? Turn the bass/treble up on your EQ and be ready to get rocked. Arty strikes sound like the sky is falling. APC rounds sounds like someone banging on your bedroom door. Tank rounds.. forget it about they blow you away. If you find that bass impact a little to distracting, you can turn it down in your EQ and you get a more detailed and balaced sound.

All in ALL its saved my butt from getting owned by C4 many times in my beloved tank. It wont make you invincable but it will definately give you eyes in the back of your head.

for music:
they are great and very forgiving. I like how they make my 128kb songs better, not crappier by revealing all the faults. For those who say that they dont require an amp i disagree. For me i find that the vocals are a little recessed when listening to faster busy music like rap/rock/techno. With slower music with not alot of stuff going on like R&B where the singer is a belter, its not a prob, their voice overpowers everything. Unfortunately, the wimpy X-fi front panel amp doesnt cut it, but my mint brings the vocals forward and now they are in the front of the highs and bass just the way i like it.

now i gotta look for an amp for home that doesnt run off batteries. Would a PA2v2 work?

Feb 14, 2006 at 9:07 AM Post #3 of 4
nah my next headphones will be open. Im getting yelled at cus i cant hear knocks.. or should i say pounds on my bedroom door. Putting one side up not on the ear defeats the purpose of the phones unless your a dj or something.

Feb 23, 2006 at 2:02 AM Post #4 of 4
lol congrats on your new purchase... the AT-A series really rocks with games... and after reading your first impressions, it makes me want to play games with the cans i have right now
tongue.gif
...i love it how people accuse you of "wall hacking" lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back