A500 on a small head?
Sep 11, 2005 at 10:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Andresin

100+ Head-Fier
I am thinking about buying an ath-a500 as me and the girl will be moving to a smaller place where I think I am going to need some closed cans (to shut out all the junk TV she watches
wink.gif
).

I am a little worried that they won't fit me since my head is pretty small, and thin
biggrin.gif
. I've read some comments in other threads saying the a500 don't fit there female friends well and stuff like that.

I can't try them before buying
frown.gif
so I would really apreaciate it if you smallheaded aX00 users out there could comment and confirm
frown.gif
or ease
smily_headphones1.gif
my fears.

As for reference I have the MS1 and I don't use that on the smallest settings, but almost. I also have the HD212Pro and that one I have somewhere between smallest and the middle.

Just played death-camp with myself and did some measuring
biggrin.gif
. My head is about 13 cm wide at the top of my ears (ears not included) and the distance (hight difference) between the top of my ears and the top of my head is about 9 cm. I dont know if those are the most important specs, I could measure some more and possibly play death camp with my girlfriend for more accurate results in the morning (she's sleeping now).

Sep 11, 2005 at 11:25 PM Post #2 of 6
I think you'll be fine. I've got a small thin head, too and my A500's fit me just fine. I did some measurements in the mirror just now and got 14cm across and 9cm high, based on how you measured yourself. My girlfriend is smaller than me and wears them fine, too. They aren't tight by any means, tho. Quick head turns can cause them to slide around, so I wouldn't use them for dancing/jogging, ect. However, for just sitting around grooving, they fit fine, have a good seal, and are extremely comfortable.

I should mention that being a newb I can't really compare their fit to any other full headsets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back