A40 vs "custom"
Jul 23, 2014 at 8:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

jimador48

New Head-Fier
I'm new to this whole "custom" headset setup for console gaming. I currently have $300 to spend and was wondering what I could piece together vs buying the a40. It will be used for console gaming and occasional pc Lan. Another problem is I can only buy from BB.

I'm new to the forums so if I posted this in the wrong section I'm sorry.

Jul 24, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #2 of 10
Update

I'm planning on going with the vmoda boom mic, and I already an acu (audio control unit) from my old xp sevens. Once I save up some more I plan on getting the Astros mix amp.

That just leaves the headset.

i also forgot to mention I play a lot of fps online.

Jul 25, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #3 of 10
I've heard good things about the Phillips Fidelio X1, which will work with the Vmoda mic. Same with the Beyerdynamics Custom One Pros and the Audio Technica M50Xs (I think). Just a few options to consider :)

Jul 25, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #4 of 10
  I've heard good things about the Phillips Fidelio X1, which will work with the Vmoda mic. Same with the Beyerdynamics Custom One Pros and the Audio Technica M50Xs (I think). Just a few options to consider :)

I was planning on going with the x1 but bestbuy doesn't carry them. Im using a gift card that I got ( $220 ) but also have $80 on top.

Im considering the 558 since the momentum over the ear aren't compatible with vmoda boom mic

Jul 26, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #5 of 10
ok another update, after looking around I'm settling on the Sennheiser Momentum and using my current clip mic till I find a viable solution.

So it will look like this

Momentum over the ear - Audio control unit -  xbox/ps4

Clip on mic to xbox one adapter

what you think?

Jul 26, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #6 of 10
I see you need positional accuracy for FPS and such. The HD558's suit you better. 

Jul 27, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #8 of 10
Aug 9, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #10 of 10
I was planning on going with the x1 but bestbuy doesn't carry them. Im using a gift card that I got ( $220 ) but also have $80 on top.

Im considering the 558 since the momentum over the ear aren't compatible with vmoda boom mic

I know this is a bit late but if you would have got the 558's, the Boom Pro isn't compatible with those either. At least I don't believe they are since it's a 2.5mm locking jack that goes into the headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back