A2s V (new) La Rouge 725?
Feb 18, 2010 at 2:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

norskman

100+ Head-Fier
[size=x-small]
confused_face.gif
hello All..
I have being in a very interesting exchange of mails with Jason @Nu-Force..initially it was to ask about there portable products..but after several suggestions by Jason I decided to forget the portability approach for the foreseeable future..due to the fact, it is rare anyway for me to leave the house due to illness..and with resources being somewhat limited I decided the best course was to put all my efforts in to my main source component My Dell~Studio~17- 32bitand as this is a very important project for me..

I thought it was important to get the choices as near right as possible(I have no chance to audition) so need you guys to help with your knowledge and expertise
L3000.gif
I am only expert at one thing and that is wasting money!!so wish to avoid this if at all possible.

Jason as very strongly recommended the Nu-Force UDAC and I suggested after advice on these forums both within the last few days and last year: either the A2s orA5s or possibly my favorites the BX5a's (still to be decided)?

But in Jason`s latest message he suggests a new ACTIVE by a company called LAROUGE:- the 725s?? I just wondered if fellow members know anything about this company and it`s products? Jason told me they are acting for this company and he informs me the 725s are better and cheaper than the A2s at least?? I would not know either way I am just keen to make a informed choice.

Back to UDAC.. would this be more suitable that the ICON for my Dell to Active Speakers? Not sure if I have understood this correctly? but can I use my Sandsisk Sansa~Fuse with both or just the ICON?

I would value any imput what so Ever from you guys but please keep it simple..I am not very technically minded...

all the very best for now cheers Steve
beerchug.gif
[/size]

735 Intellectual Audio Systems

Feb 18, 2010 at 5:41 PM Post #2 of 8
I was continuing my search for good quality actives to partner my Dell Studio Laptop the M-Audios were on the list and I thought it would be cheaper to buy from outside Norway,but I was wrong I think? so i can actually pick them up here cheaper than almost anywhere which is amazing!

so all I wish to add to my main Thread is of the two M-Audio actives}

BX5a Deluxe & BX8a which would be the choice..taking in to account my listening room is not to big but both sets being very well priced gives me a rare option to buy

so any help advice very much appreciated

all the very best Steve
beyersmile.png

Feb 18, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #3 of 8
If the prices are good, then get the biggest ones you can afford and won't feel guilty about
smily_headphones1.gif

Since you're going with active, don't bother with the Icon. The uDac should be enough.

You can't use your Fuze with a dac.

Feb 18, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #4 of 8
regular_smile .gif
Hi Again
Good to hear from you...
I am y have jumped the gun a bit? I have not being able to contact the Norwegian distributor of M-Audio..I ahve mailed them and phoned but nothing so have contacted M-Audio in the states to fins out wahts going on

I keep my fingers crossed as the prices were great for here in Norway and no import tax to worry about

If I can get them then I will probably go for the BX5a Deluxe plenty big enough for me...

If you feel a DAC can add to the Actives..then I will go for that combo with good cables...So UDAC could be the one unless we have any other contenders?

With regard to my MP3 player is there anyway to connect to actives?? I suspect not,but live in hope

with regard headphones we have discussed the Nu-Force ones..I have read good things re Grado..are there others on the ears and comfort being important

all the very Best Steve
atsmile.gif

Feb 18, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #5 of 8
Remember what I metioned in the other thread that you will need to finagle a cable to connect the BX5a since they do not have typical RCA connectors at the bac. Get yourself a stereo to RCA cable, then put RCA>1/4 TS tips on the ends.

Just go with the uDac. Good reviews and small package (ie: cheap shipping).

Connecting your mp3 player to the speakers is simply taking your cable from above and plugging that in.

Feb 19, 2010 at 12:52 PM Post #6 of 8
Hello My friend good to hear from you again

Things now moving very fast..my DELL as packed!!!! up so am using my wife`s ancient PC 12 years old...

Lookas if I may just get the BX5S at the good price am just waiting for confirmation from importer here in Norway so fingers crossed am also receiving great help & advcie from Ken @ ALO Audio
So he should keep me right on the cable question which you mentioned.

The UDAC is the main question now..how much better with than without?

So if I get the DELL working again?? it will be the BX5s--->with good cables (ken) headphones to be decided..and UDAC fro Nu-Force I thnik ? if I have finally got this right in my head

please feel free to correct me if I have issed something (again!)

all the very best Steve

Feb 19, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #7 of 8
The uDac will likely be a good upgrade. I haven't heard it, but it has been very highly regarded on this forum.

Feb 19, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #8 of 8
Hi There...
Many thanks for that..
things are moving a bit? I have the choice either the A5s or the BX5a?
Now I really did take on board everything I have being told and most of what I have read re these two Active ..contenders?

I just need the final push over the edge so to speak....
The Bx5s are cheapest by a fair way..

Ok we will see what happens

all the very best steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back