A151 v. CC51 v. Xcape v. RE-0 v. Turbines?
Mar 5, 2011 at 8:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

50an6xy06r6n

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm looking into buying some IEMs in the $70-$90 range, and these are the ones that seem to get the most attention (Turbines are included b/c of the Amazon sale). So how do they stack up against each other? I listen to classical, rock, pop, and other random stuff in between, so I'm really just looking for a good all-around earphone. Thanks in advance!

Mar 5, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #2 of 6
They all have different sound signatures. Do you happen to know the sort of sound you prefer? That will let us give you the best advice. But since you listen to classical, a genre that requires good deep bass and a wide soundstage, you can cross off the xcape and re0 from the list. Tymani shouldn't sound like a wet paper towel, and an orchestra shouldn't be stuffed into a closet.

Mar 5, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #3 of 6
They all have different sound signatures. Do you happen to know the sort of sound you prefer? That will let us give you the best advice. But since you listen to classical, a genre that requires good deep bass and a wide soundstage, you can cross off the xcape and re0 from the list. Tymani shouldn't sound like a wet paper towel, and an orchestra shouldn't be stuffed into a closet.

Thanks for the advice? I don't think I've ever heard that before, everyone just talks about how much detail and clarity they have. Do you know if any of the others would be better for that?

Mar 5, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #4 of 6
I was listening A151 + iPod Touch4G for a couple of days.
They are good and very good for their money.
They've got a lot of details, good soundstage (for ba), good vocals, punchy detailed bass, good mids and not very good highs. No sibilance on vocals. Also they are sounding pretty warm and musical.
I'm loving hard and heavy music in most, but Depeche Mode, Plan B, Madonna, Gorillaz and some radiohits sounds very good.
Also they've got very good cable and thay are very comfortable (i'm using Sony Hybrid eartips), durable.
You should try them:)

Mar 5, 2011 at 10:20 PM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the advice? I don't think I've ever heard that before, everyone just talks about how much detail and clarity they have. Do you know if any of the others would be better for that?

The RE0 have alot of detail, but part of the reason behind their "clarity" is that the earphones purposely strip away the low end. Some people love them, but I found them to sound unnatural. For me at least, better a little less detail but a more balanced sound. Try reading this thread. It's quite helpful, and has comments about each and every one of the earphones you originally mentioned. It may be of help, though again, if you're not sure what sound signature you want its utility may of of limited value.

Mar 5, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #6 of 6
The RE0 have alot of detail, but part of the reason behind their "clarity" is that the earphones purposely strip away the low end. Some people love them, but I found them to sound unnatural. For me at least, better a little less detail but a more balanced sound. Try reading this thread. It's quite helpful, and has comments about each and every one of the earphones you originally mentioned. It may be of help, though again, if you're not sure what sound signature you want its utility may of of limited value.

Yeah, I read through that a few times, and that's how I decided on these, but I wanted a second opinion...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back