A151 + e5 VS. Brainwavz m2
Jul 14, 2011 at 10:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

WakiDabeast

500+ Head-Fier
Which headphone would be best with two characteristics in mind good sq and its fit over ear for excercise. I like a bright sound but I definately want a good amount of bass presence. According to review the a151 doesn't supply much bass so I will probably be buying an e5 to help it with that because the iphone is known for its small bass. I listen to these in order of amount: Hip-Hop, Dubstep, Rock, DnB, Accoustic, and finally Violin. 

Jul 14, 2011 at 11:15 AM Post #2 of 5
Let me try and see how the a151 pairs with the e5 and the iphone. But I somehow get the feeling that it will overly increase the already warm nature of the a151. The bass on the a151 is quite decent though. 

Jul 15, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
really ? hmm intersting, i thought they were very mid centric what about the Phonak Audéo PFE 022 Perfect Bass have u heard that ?

I have heard the Phonaks but not the Perfect Bass ones. 
One thing I love about the a151 is the cable. No microphonics, no tangling, its a dream!

Jul 15, 2011 at 2:32 AM Post #5 of 5
The PFEs are pretty good, but they don't go very loud coming directly out of the iphone...definitely need an amp to push them.  If you're a fan of bass, I'd definitely go M2 in that price bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back