a
Mar 11, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #2 of 8
If you want something fun sounding with a good amount of bass, then the Dunu Titan 5s are for sure for you.  I owned the MA750i, and they were really neutral, not very fun.  The Shure SE215 does not seem like the best pick for a bass presence, nor for a fun sound, as it is also supposed to be very neutral.  I am selling my Titan 5s now as I was so happy with them, I upgraded to the Dunu DN-2000Js.  The Titan 5s have a great all around sound, but the bass is where they shine.  Don't need a DAC/AMP to sound good also.  Great for all types of music.  The following is the link to my sale of the Titan 5s:  
http://www.ebay.com/itm/162423758112?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649.  
Great price, $30 off the price tag of a new pair, but legit not even fully burned in.  Feel free to PM me with questions if you have any.

Mar 11, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #3 of 8
I like the 1More Triple Driver, the Etymotic, and the RHA, personally, for what you have enumerated. In that order. I would add the SoundMAGIC E80 to your list, which is really quite good and fits nicely and comfortably. The Titan 5 is also a good option. The Shure is severely rolled off on top and I am therefore not a fan of its signature. You may not care about that, but you need to know what you are getting into with it before you order one. Fit should not be an issue--you can always go with some nice Comply tips to optimize your fit and comfort situation. FWIW. YMMV, of course.

Mar 11, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #4 of 8
  I like the 1More Triple Driver, the Etymotic, and the RHA, personally, for what you have enumerated. In that order. I would add the SoundMAGIC E80 to your list, which is really quite good and fits nicely and comfortably. The Titan 5 is also a good option. The Shure is severely rolled off on top and I am therefore not a fan of its signature. You may not care about that, but you need to know what you are getting into with it before you order one. Fit should not be an issue--you can always go with some nice Comply tips to optimize your fit and comfort situation. FWIW. YMMV, of course.

The 1More Triple Drivers are by far overrated.  They were one of my first premium IEMs, and I thought they were the best.  Then I started hearing other IEMs, slightly more expensive IEMs.  I by far prefer the RHA to the 1Mores.

Mar 11, 2017 at 11:49 PM Post #6 of 8
  The RHA is a good IEM.

In the post, he says he is looking for a fun sound.  I would not describe the RHA MA750 as "fun", more neutral and technical.  Its weird as all the headphones he has selected are pretty neutral, other than the 1More which are....  just weird....  I continue to recommend you check out the Dunu Titan 5.  Right in your price range and will give you that fun sound you are seeking...

Mar 12, 2017 at 1:57 AM Post #7 of 8
First thank you guys for the replies, as for the Dunu Titan 5 I am not interested, about 50% of the reviews I found are complaining about build quality, honestly this thread made things more confusing for me lol....any other opinions ? 

Mar 12, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #8 of 8
  The Shure SE215 does not seem like the best pick for a bass presence, nor for a fun sound, as it is also supposed to be very neutral. 

In the post, he says he is looking for a fun sound.  I would not describe the RHA MA750 as "fun", more neutral and technical.  Its weird as all the headphones he has selected are pretty neutral, other than the 1More which are....  just weird....  I continue to recommend you check out the Dunu Titan 5.  Right in your price range and will give you that fun sound you are seeking...

I would not describe the SE215 as neutral either though...

First thank you guys for the replies, as for the Dunu Titan 5 I am not interested, about 50% of the reviews I found are complaining about build quality, honestly this thread made things more confusing for me lol....any other opinions ? 

Can you go into a bit more detail in what you are specifically looking for? Do you want a lot of sub bass, mid bass etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back