A wireless mic to use with my headphones?
Mar 17, 2009 at 1:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ropeadope

100+ Head-Fier
Hey head-fi folks.

I'm a big Gamer and I love my headphones (d2000s). I use voice communication in games a lot these days. I have been using this Zalman mic, which is made to attach directly to your headphone cord. I thought that was a neat idea. The mic works good but the wire is a big pain in the arse, and the clip isn't adjustable and doesn't stay on very well.

So I want something similar but wireless, where I can use voice communication in games and still use my own headphones. I can't find anything like that...all that's out there seems to be full headsets. Not much of a fan of desktop/stick mics either...plus I don't really have anywhere to put one.

I'm sure other gamers here at head-fi have had the same dilemma. Probably a good solution out there...even if it take some DIY work.

Mar 17, 2009 at 7:46 AM Post #2 of 6
Not cheap, but a normal radiomic. system as used on-stage with a headworn mic. would be ideal.

Then get an IEM system for the headphones and use your normal headphones instead of the in-ear ones supplied.

Mar 17, 2009 at 9:41 AM Post #3 of 6
Yarr, might be pricier than I'd want to go. Current mic which I'm hoping to get rid of was $8
tongue.gif
- Though I do appreciate the suggestion. Think you could link me up to what you have in mind exactly?

Any other ideas?

Mar 17, 2009 at 11:24 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by ropeadope /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Think you could link me up to what you have in mind exactly?

I could, but I'm not allowed to.
wink.gif

But what I suggested is done by quite a few manufacturers at varying prices and quality.

Mar 20, 2009 at 12:58 AM Post #5 of 6
Well, I really have no idear what a normal radiomic or IEM system look like, even google doesn't know what the hell they are
tongue.gif

Can't link because of forum rules or something?

Ah well, that's alright. I think my only realistic option is to stick with this crappy clip on mic.

Mar 20, 2009 at 1:30 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by ropeadope /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I really have no idear what a normal radiomic or IEM system look like, even google doesn't know what the hell they are
tongue.gif

Can't link because of forum rules or something?

Ah well, that's alright. I think my only realistic option is to stick with this crappy clip on mic.

I do believe he's a Senn rep. Though I could be wrong, never heard anything about linking to other sources of buying phones being against the rules.

I've got the same problem as you. Don't want to give up my headphones, but need a mic. They're lovely for lanning, but online it's just not gonna cut it.

Edit: Something like this might work.
https://www.audiolinks.com/tek9/tek9...ific=jnrpqocrm

Just type "wireless headsets" into google.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back