A Wheatfield HA2 for the next millenium.
Jun 26, 2007 at 7:13 PM Post #16 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
The HA-2 has always been a favourite of mine, though to be fair the one I heard had something like $1k worth of tubes in it.
tongue.gif

Don't worry Jay, it sounds pretty darn good with $100 worth of tubes in it too.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by evil man
Note: Been watching the emails fly back ad forth and there's some interesting things going on. So please take all comments so far as pre-preliminary info. In other words, things are changing ... for the better, but still, don't make any assumptions.

Now where did I put that :drool: smiley?
cool.gif

Jul 2, 2007 at 6:26 PM Post #17 of 31
Hmmmm....

I haven't had much interest in Headphone audio for a bit but I still listen to my HA2 when I have the time. It was actually the first Headamp I owned that I could effectively roll tubes through. I still have over 70 different tubes (including 6 rectifiers) I purchased specifically for that amp. I can't say that I really love any gear but I've owned a bunch and the HA2/HD 600 combo remains one of the all time great Headphone combos. That and the Blockhead/HD650 combo are the only headamp gear I haven't considered selling off...well perhaps I'll hold on to my K1000 and the Fisher amp I use to drive them
icon10.gif

I would love to see what Pete and Headroom will do with an "updated" HA2.

Oct 31, 2007 at 9:20 PM Post #19 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Tyll--any updates for this thread?

No, not really. We're still working on it and it's slated for the middle of next year sometime. One note: Pete decided not to go with the switchng supply. The inrush current to get the tube heaters to warm up was a bit too much to deal with efficiently. A side note is that Pete does have some tweaks for the amp that allows it to be used with lower impedance headphones, so it's possible that a Grado version will be available. But we'll just have to wait and see on that one.

Nov 2, 2007 at 5:18 PM Post #22 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oooooh, is Pete going to do a SS or tube-rectified PS then? My vote, MORE TUBES!
evil_smiley.gif

Well, we want to be able to stack them one on the other, so it'll be a SS power supply.

(Friggen' tube freaks!)
rolleyes.gif

Nov 2, 2007 at 5:20 PM Post #23 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, we want to be able to stack them one on the other, so it'll be a SS power supply.

(Friggen' tube freaks!)
rolleyes.gif

Thanks, I am a tube freak!
very_evil_smiley.gif
If the tube is laid sideways you could stack the two units!!!
wink.gif

Nov 2, 2007 at 5:29 PM Post #24 of 31
Bah, from what I hear SS is better for rectification anyways.
wink.gif

Jan 5, 2008 at 4:06 PM Post #27 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazuki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any new developments on this brilliant design?

Pete's still working on it; he's pretty busy at the moment. We're letting this one move forward at its own pace. It is on the "good to go" list, so I expect it sometime this year, but closer than that I can't get.

Hiya, Nose. The Millett Hybrid will remain in the line-up for the forseeable future.

Jan 6, 2008 at 2:43 PM Post #28 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pete's still working on it; he's pretty busy at the moment. We're letting this one move forward at its own pace. It is on the "good to go" list, so I expect it sometime this year, but closer than that I can't get.

Wuhoo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back