A weird phenomenon I've noticed with my sound files
Jan 10, 2013 at 2:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

bcd127

Head-Fier
So earlier this month I posted a question in the headphone forum about my Shure srh840's sounding uneven. As they do sound uneven. and what i mean by that is that it sounds like there is more coming out of the left than the right. However, its not just them. I have realized that it is also my Soundmagic e10's.  And even a pair of crappy iem's from walmart. Also its not even all of the songs i have. Granted it is the majority of them, but not all of them. I use itunes for my media player. And i even notice the uneveness on my ipod also. What could be the problem here? Is it possible its all in my head? or could it be the files themselves?

Jan 10, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #2 of 12
If you switch your headphones so the left ear is on your right ear and vice versa what do you hear?  If the same side is still diminished then it is probably your hearing.

It is not uncommon for tracks to sound a bit left-centric due to the location of the vocalist relative to other instruments.

Jan 10, 2013 at 6:45 PM Post #3 of 12
Impacted ear wax? Try a white vinegar / alcohol dropper in your right ear. If you need a good cleaning, that is a safe and effective way to get the gunk out. Tilt head for 30 seconds, tilt back to upright, allow drainage. No Cu Tips.

Jan 10, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #4 of 12
When i swap ears it changes to the right. I have even tried to spin it around to where i dont know which is right or left and then see if i can figure it out, i usually do. And again, its not all songs.

Jan 16, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #6 of 12
After a lot of careful listening i have decided it is my ear. i tried doing ear wax removal remidies and at first it seems like it works, but only worsens over time. eventually back to its original uneveness. its quite frustrating. Thank all of you for the help. any other ideas? or perhaps a more appropriate place to ask such questions?

Jan 16, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:
After a lot of careful listening i have decided it is my ear. i tried doing ear wax removal remidies and at first it seems like it works, but only worsens over time. eventually back to its original uneveness. its quite frustrating. Thank all of you for the help. any other ideas? or perhaps a more appropriate place to ask such questions?

Get your ears checked by an ENT doctor. I too have a similar issue, one of my ears seems blocked/hearing less in the mornings when I wake up, and gradually clears up by the evening. Maybe an inner ear infection, I'll get it checked.

Jan 16, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:
Get your ears checked by an ENT doctor. I too have a similar issue, one of my ears seems blocked/hearing less in the mornings when I wake up, and gradually clears up by the evening. Maybe an inner ear infection, I'll get it checked.

That might be a good idea. yea, similar. but mine is a bit different. Ill do ear wax removal stuff and it sounds good. But gradually gets worse. and sometimes its like its not uneven. and also, ive noticed the lower frequencies tend to be the main ones missing. So annoying.

Feb 5, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #9 of 12
50/50 blend of White Vinegar and rubbing alcohol will work (at least 70-90% strength).

Use an ear dropper. Get 4-6 drops in with your head tilted. Gently massage the area behind your ear and jaw - you may feel or hear it going in. Remain tilted for 30 seconds. Resume normal posture and let fluid drain naturally. Repeat 1-3 times daily. Give it more than a day or two to work if your wax is badly impacted, it may take awhile.

While showering, also allow water to jet into your ears, while gently pulling your lobes down. Keep your finger and cu-tips OUT of there. They can push crud back inside.

This has saved me before. Otherwise, your Dr. can probably flush your ear. That worked for me once.

Feb 6, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #10 of 12
yea, I dont think it is ear wax. I have done several remidies without any relief. Went to the Doctor and told him my problems. He gave me an antibiotic and nose spray. He said that if it didnt help im going to have to go to an ent. And i finished the medicine a few days ago with almost no relief. I'm gonna go to the ent pretty soon. Also. I have noticed that it is only the low frequecies. I can't hear them as well in my right ear. i have good days and bad days. Its quite annoying.

Feb 9, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #11 of 12
Well then I am sorry to hear that man. Best of luck to you. I still remember how it felt to have an ear problem. I was barely into my twenties, and wondering what would happen if I went deaf. As a music lover, it tortured me.

Feb 10, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:
Well then I am sorry to hear that man. Best of luck to you. I still remember how it felt to have an ear problem. I was barely into my twenties, and wondering what would happen if I went deaf. As a music lover, it tortured me.

Thanks. Yea, i am on that same road currently. Guess we will see what the ent has to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back