A weekend with HD280's
Jul 31, 2002 at 3:16 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by elnero
andrzejpw,

Thanks again, the meta42 looks very intriguing and I may actually have a bit of spare cash sooner than expected.
very_evil_smiley.gif

DAMNIT! I think I'm hooked.....

Phil

It's all over... (it happens to us all eventually !)

very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 31, 2002 at 4:48 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

DAMNIT! I think I'm hooked.....

Just in case someone hasn't already given you the standard Head-Fi greeting, I'll do it now...

Welcome to Head-Fi; sorry about your wallet!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 1, 2002 at 12:59 PM Post #19 of 19
Well I've gone and done it! Ordered the 280's from the local shop that got the demo's in for me to listen to. They gave me a fairly good deal, I could have had them cheaper through etronics but I like to deal locally and they treated me well.

I did have a momentary panic attack a bit after. I was wondering whether maybe I should have waited a bit and ordered a pair of Audio Technica ATH-A9X's but after I calmed down and read through some reviews and reread my own review of the 280's I realized I'm making the right choice. The A9X's would be well over double the price of the Senns and they would have to come from Japan with no guarantee that I would like them. I know I liked the 280's and with the addition of a Meta42 I suspect that they will really shine. I only wish the 280's didn't make you look like such a damn dork.

I have to thank the local Senn rep, Shawn Crockard for sending a pair for me to try. I was initially a bit put off because I didn't ask him to do this and felt a bit pressured, but then Brian at the shop put my mind at ease. In the end I realize that this was a really nice touch of excellent customer service that allowed me to try the 280's before any obligations were made.

I will let you all know what I think after I get them and have a chance to break them in and live with them for a while.
smily_headphones1.gif

Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back