A way to dry your (Etymotic, Shure...) foamies ?
May 26, 2004 at 7:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Ton

Head-Fier
Just had an idea, maybe not new at all and maybe even dumb?
After using my Etymotics with the foam eartips for some time, the foamies are of course getting damp from perpiration and have to dry to become more expendable again.
Would it be a good idea to store them in the case with a little bag bag of silica gel, I mean those things that often come with photo equipment etc. to keep them dry ?

May 27, 2004 at 2:18 AM Post #2 of 3
i don't know.. but there is ear wax in the foamies. i used to soak them in very hot water and then dry them, it worked nicely in the microwave too. however, the glue that connects the foam to the plastic tube wears off.
the best way is to clean your ears really god everytime
biggrin.gif

May 27, 2004 at 4:52 AM Post #3 of 3
Once a week I just wash my ety foamies in hot water and detergent. I give them a good "roll" between my fingers and dry on a towel. I have used the same foamies for months now and expect to get many more months out of them... and they get used an average of 20-30 hours a week, i.e. 6 hours four-five days a week.

Adamzuf, you are right the glue goes in the first wash. But it doesn't seem to make any difference to fit or performance.

I have reused fish tank foam filters for years so why not etys foamies. I have read here that they don't return to full shape with time but it looks like it might be some considerable time. And washing every week is also good hygene and shouldn't be avoided anyway in my view.

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back