A very serious problem that strikes at the core of headphone discussions at Head-Fi..
Feb 20, 2002 at 5:31 PM Post #61 of 64
Quote:

but the thing about that, redshifter, is that the word "are" is used when you're talking about more than one thing. if the HD600 is singular, then you would say "The HD600 is audiophile quality."

if you read my whole post i said:
Quote:

as macdef and i have been saying, the model number is written without any added s or 's, but with the implied plural in the verb.

in other words, the verb "to be" is used in the plural form "are", which implies the model number "HD 600" is a plural noun. i am not denying anymore that "hd 600" is a plural noun, but that for consistancy sake and clarity we should drop the "s".

remember, not all plural nouns have to have an "s" at the end: "sheep", "geese", etc.

Quote:

note the hideous misinterpretation redshifter made of my "bundled headphones" comment on the "coffin" thread.

i was just yanking your chain a little bit there, russ.

Feb 20, 2002 at 10:17 PM Post #62 of 64
originally posted by redshifter
Quote:

remember, not all plural nouns have to have an "s" at the end: "sheep", "geese", etc.

Sheep is both singular and plural. Geese is a plural form of goose, different forms.

However, since we're discussing plural nouns:

If the plural of mouse is mice, and the plural of louse is lice, why isn't the plural of house hice ???

's
's
's

Feb 21, 2002 at 9:12 AM Post #63 of 64
Aw guys...cmon give it a rest! *ducks under the barrage of rotten eggs*

Here's one to ease the tension:

ALOPECIA WALKMANIA: Loss of hair from prolonged use of personal stereo headphones. {Journal of the American Medical Association, 1984}

I don't make this up, honest.

Feb 22, 2002 at 8:50 PM Post #64 of 64
I have pair of headphone and KSC-35, they are.

Honestly, people.....does it matter, in the end?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back