A very long three hours: waiting for a mini-mini
Dec 19, 2006 at 3:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

debrey

100+ Head-Fier
I got home today and sitting on my doorstep is my new iMod and my new GoVibe 5. Unfortunately, I don't have my new mini-mini yet. As a back up, I was going to use the 5 dollar mini-mini that we use in the car to attach the iPod to the stereo. But my wife has the car for the next three hours. So all I can do is look at my new toys without playing with them...

Dec 19, 2006 at 5:14 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by debrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got home today and sitting on my doorstep is my new iMod and my new GoVibe 5. Unfortunately, I don't have my new mini-mini yet. As a back up, I was going to use the 5 dollar mini-mini that we use in the car to attach the iPod to the stereo. But my wife has the car for the next three hours. So all I can do is look at my new toys without playing with them...

Had a feeling you'd end up getting the Go Vibe. Even on a budget you have to go with what seems right for you, and that's the amp that you sounded like you really wanted based on what you could spend. You'll have to let me know how you like it. Which case and bag did you go with? You can look...but you can also load up your iMod with lots of Music so when the wife gets home you'll have lots to listen to.
etysmile.gif

Congrats. Enjoy your new toys.
etysmile.gif

Dec 19, 2006 at 3:38 PM Post #3 of 8
Hey thanks,

I ended up going with the Vakaadoo and the Headroom Gigabag. So I don't even need to post pictures of my portable -- I can just refer them to your pictures
rolleyes.gif

Actually, after I sent the message I realized that I needed to charge the iPod anyway so it was probably for the best that I couldn't use it right away. I left it charging over night and am now syncing up my songs.

I may end up installing rockbox (I'd like gapless playback), but for now I am going with simple so I can use the thing...

-- David

Dec 19, 2006 at 3:42 PM Post #4 of 8
seeing as you have the E5, you got the lo-gain version of go-vibe, no?

i'm sure that el-cheapo cable wont do the iMod iPod justice, during the wait, try and order up a nice mini-mini cable...

enjoi the toys. cheers!

Dec 19, 2006 at 3:55 PM Post #5 of 8
Yes, I got the low-gain.

My nicer mini-mini should be in the mail or nearly so... Soundgoon is making me one.

-- David

Dec 19, 2006 at 5:01 PM Post #7 of 8
v5. Having spent money on a new iPod and iMod, I was trying to keep costs down. Plus I'm not sure if I'm quite ready for swaping op-amps...

-- David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back