A very entertaining read from another forum (Angola, it's not like they said.)
Nov 27, 2007 at 3:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

will75

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey all.

I realize most people aren't really into or even aware of motorcycle adventure riding. But, I came across this forum and specifically this thread from a dirt bike forum I frequent (Thumpertalk.com) and thought you all might enjoy it.

It details a trip several friends took to Africa. They rode across Angola for a week and the story is a neat one.

The guy that posted the thread is a great story teller and really did a great job supporting everything with pictures.

The story was posted in the same thread over several weeks and is therefore broken up by replies.

A few tips before proceeding:

1) After the first post, just scroll down a bit to find the second. From then on you just have to click at the bottom on the "continued here" hyperlink to pop open the next segment in a new window.

2) There is natural nudity in some of the pictures. It is in no means offensive in nature but that's my opinion. Keep this off the work computers just in case.

3) Join that forum and thank the poster if you really enjoyed the story! (Tip: When registering, if they ask the spam detector question of "What make of bike did Steve McQueen ride in The Great Escape?", the answer is Triumph)

4) This may come in handy if you aren't familiar with some South African colloquialisms: South African English is lekker! - SouthAfrica.info

I really encourage you guys to read this and think it is very entertaining. Don't worry if you don't ride motorcycles off road, that is only the backdrop of this story!

Here it is:

Angola, it's not like they said. - ADVrider

Nov 27, 2007 at 3:22 AM Post #2 of 4
I love ADVRider. Not sure I'll ever cross the Sahara, but I plan to at least ride to Alaska with my son when he's a little bigger.

Nov 27, 2007 at 3:23 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarchi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love ADVRider. Not sure I'll ever cross the Sahara, but I plan to at least ride to Alaska with my son when he's a little bigger.

And a Wilco fan to boot. Nice!

Nov 27, 2007 at 4:52 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by will75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And a Wilco fan to boot. Nice!

The finer things in life!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back